Thread: Can't change credit card linked

Default Can't change credit card linked

I am trying to pay with PayPal but having problems.

The cards that are registered on my PayPal account are obsolete and when I try change by entering a current card it says "We're sorry. That credit card is already linked to the maximum allowable number of PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card". When I insert a new card I get the same message.

How can I overcome this problem? I tried calling and they just referred me to the website.

Default NO TAB to update credit card info

I had the exact same problem. This is what didn't help solve the problem, eMailing PayPal, a lengthy phone call to customer service during which she just didn't get it that there wasn't any tab in the column that all the other TABs were in.

My cell phone was running out of minutes for that month so I asked that Pay
    Pal contact me when they solve the problem. NO. They would not do that, but they would transfer me to another department since their customer service number starts one out in "Collections"!!

I pointed out that as it was my account was NOT usable even after they deleted all of my credit card information. So, if it was useless I would simply close the account if they didn't solve the problem and notify me within two days.

I closed my account, have been attempting to notify eBay I can NOT use my eBay account to pay for anything or buy anything--USELESS!!!

eBay told me that I couldn't update my credit card info with PayPal because I closed my PayPal account!!!!!!!!!

since eBay is unusable without PayPal IO tried closing my eBay account--No WAY!! can't close it and no way to find out why!!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by becketma View Post
    I had the exact same problem. This is what didn't help solve the problem, eMailing PayPal, a lengthy phone call to customer service during which she just didn't get it that there wasn't any tab in the column that all the other TABs were in.

My cell phone was running out of minutes for that month so I asked that Pay
    Pal contact me when they solve the problem. NO. They would not do that, but they would transfer me to another department since their customer service number starts one out in "Collections"!!

I pointed out that as it was my account was NOT usable even after they deleted all of my credit card information. So, if it was useless I would simply close the account if they didn't solve the problem and notify me within two days.

I closed my account, have been attempting to notify eBay I can NOT use my eBay account to pay for anything or buy anything--USELESS!!!

eBay told me that I couldn't update my credit card info with PayPal because I closed my PayPal account!!!!!!!!!

since eBay is unusable without PayPal IO tried closing my eBay account--No WAY!! can't close it and no way to find out why!!

Bob
    if you have a credit card you are better off using just your credit card to pay for things rather then involving paypal. They are just a useless middleman when it comes to paying for things online since they require you to have a credit card anyway. And if you are selling things on ebay there are many ebay approved merchant account services you can use and totally bypass having to use paypal. Something to think about if you ever plan to sell on eBay.