Thread: trying to cancel account, PayPal won't let me

Default trying to cancel account, PayPal won't let me

Paypal tried to access an account of mine that was not even in my profile. How did they ever get the info? I feel they are scamming me. The will not allow me to cancel my account on line, 96 minutes ago I started talking to someone to cancel my account. After talking to 3 people and waiting on hold over 60 minutes the account is still not cancelled and I am listening to music on hold. Once they get your information they will not let you go!

Quote Originally Posted by batman57 View Post
    Paypal tried to access an account of mine that was not even in my profile. How did they ever get the info? I feel they are scamming me. The will not allow me to cancel my account on line, 96 minutes ago I started talking to someone to cancel my account. After talking to 3 people and waiting on hold over 60 minutes the account is still not cancelled and I am listening to music on hold. Once they get your information they will not let you go!
    even if paypal let you close your account that wouldn't make much difference since they keep all your information on file forever. You are best and safest to close the bank account you had linked and report the credit card linked as lost so you get a new number. That is the only way to protect your money from Paypal.

Paypal's customer service is the absolute worst! I mean seriously why is it every time I try and get something done it takes literally days to get it all cleared up. This site has me seriously thinking about canceling my bank account and just moving on.

I have had all kinds of problems with paypal. Things like fee's and reoccurring e-checks are not exactly fair to a person who is relatively new to both ebay and paypal. I have called paypal and their customer service was completely dissatisfying. I'm not even sure if this complaint has been worth the time. Basically, paypal really does suck and I will be deleting it.