Thread: Paypal and eBay are holding my money

Unregistered Guest

Default Paypal and eBay are holding my money

EBay and PayPal have teamed up on a phone conversation I just had with them , telling me that they are holding my money from an item I sold until I pay for all shipping cost then they inform me that they have the right to hold my money for an additional 30 to 45 days after I provide them with a tracking number. Keep in mind my account with both companies is current and flawless. Their goes my children's' Christmas. I was selling some unused and unwanted items on eBay to help pay for gifts. Real NICE PayPal! I am pull all the rest of my items off of eBay right away and eBay and PayPal can jam it right up their ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Was told the same thing today. First i have to pay for shipping out of pocket because they will not release funds for that then after I submitted tracking information I was told I have to wait another 21 days until my funds would be available. The buyer doesn't have the money. I don't have the money. PayPal is holding the money to earn interest and screw with me.

Unregistered Guest

provide the shipping/tracking number and then give them a call, say a short prayer you will get someone with halfa brain to answer your call and then ask them what you can do and if you have the right person on the other end you might just get lucky. If not try and call the next day.

Take note, Ebay is a subsidiary and now holds paypal so I really blame E-bay for all of this things, at least we have a lot of sites now warning buyers of the E-bay scam.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    Take note, Ebay is a subsidiary and now holds paypal so I really blame E-bay for all of this things, at least we have a lot of sites now warning buyers of the E-bay scam.
    Why are you bringing up posts from the grave?
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Why are you bringing up posts from the grave?
    Sadly majority of the threads are graveduggen threads hell I've even think I've seen you do it. But it helps bring more views and sparks more posts so I feel as if this isn't a issue.

That is a lot of days they hold on your money. I think they should be immediate after you have provided the information that they need.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Too bad this is happening and people have to pay for shipping and have their accounts blocked. You would think that Paypal/Ebay employees would try to be more helpful when something like this happens.

I've seen this over and over again on this forum and in most cases, PP's solution is to withhold the money which is not a solution for someone that is counting on that money.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    That is a lot of days they hold on your money. I think they should be immediate after you have provided the information that they need.
    Agreed. I think the funds should be released the moment you upload a tracking number. Especially if you've been selling on eBay for a while and have decent feedback. eBay sometimes treats veteran sellers like they are brand new and haven't proven themselves. I have over 900 positive feedbacks. How many will it take before I can stop jumping through hoops to get paid for items?

If eBay is going to make feedback and star ratings so important ,then they should make it mandatory for buyers to leave feedback/ratings.
    Because right now hardly any buyers leave feedback, so eBay is deciding my fate as a seller based on only the fraction of my buyers who leave feedback,
    and that's not an accurate sample.

If eBay is not going to make buyer feedback mandatory ,then they should count people who leave no feedback as an automatic positive, since they had nothing to complain about.