Thread: Pay pal holding funds

Default Pay pal holding funds

Hi Guys

Im sure i will get help here , great forum..

This is my issue...

I sent an item , buyer has opened a dispute that when he received the package it was empty , i used door to door tracking.. ( so his full of .... )

Paypal now has held my funds , and im in a negative balance.

My issue is that even this transaction is outside of ebay , my ebay account is linked to this paypal account, im thinking of leaving this paypal account , ( no way am i going to get robbed when i have done the right thing and always honest seller ) if the claim goes the buyers way ( which it most probably will ).

1- can i / how do i start a new pay pal account
    2- if i can , will i be able to link it to my existing ebay
    3 - if i can , what new information do i provide etc new ip address , new bank account / credit card , new name ???

any info would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by panash75 View Post
    Hi Guys

Im sure i will get help here , great forum..

This is my issue...

I sent an item , buyer has opened a dispute that when he received the package it was empty , i used door to door tracking.. ( so his full of .... )

Paypal now has held my funds , and im in a negative balance.

My issue is that even this transaction is outside of ebay , my ebay account is linked to this paypal account, im thinking of leaving this paypal account , ( no way am i going to get robbed when i have done the right thing and always honest seller ) if the claim goes the buyers way ( which it most probably will ).

1- can i / how do i start a new pay pal account
    2- if i can , will i be able to link it to my existing ebay
    3 - if i can , what new information do i provide etc new ip address , new bank account / credit card , new name ???

any info would be appreciated

thanks in advance
    Hi, You can link a different paypal account to your ebay account, you need to create a new PP account, get it verified with a credit card and link it to your existing ebay account, you will need a new credit card different from the one you used on the previous paypal, PM if you need further assistance.

Default Who regulates paypal in the US?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Panash75. We are experiencing something similar, but waaaay bigger (not at ALL to say your issue isn't important) just a bigger scale I guess. What we need to find out is who regulates paypal in the United States? This will help so many people in our same situation, but I cannot find anything, anywhere! In the UK, I know they are regulated by the bank of Luxembourg , and they are registered as a BANK, but not in the US.
    We have called and sent numerous emails to paypal, telling them that we will be reporting them to the FTC, but they don't seem to care, and end up sending us some form email telling us that our account will have a hold..blah blah blah.
    I won't take up time posting ALL of the completely INSANE hoops that we have had to jump through thus far, only to end up at square one, with all of our funds being held. They are LITERALLY putting my husband and I OUT OF BUSINESS.
    Please help me, and panash75, and all you others out there, we can find some answers, we can find some help. We don't know what to do, as I'm sure the feeling of hopelessness, consumes you all as well.