Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was told " Sellers never win"

Paypal is apparently taking "The customer is always right" too far, with the customer being whoever is the buyer in the scenario. He was almost being honest in a way, but in a very rude and demeaning way. He may well be fired by now, but then again, we're dealing with Paypal. It may not be that likely after all.

Wow, they really told you that "sellers never win"? They are unbelievable sometimes, I swear to god.

Thank GOD for that rep! More people should know the truth about paypal. I hope that rep stays a customer service rep for Paypal for YEARS!!!!! It's way better then getting the run around and never getting your money like me! I wish I could have known the truth right off the bat so I could start making moves. Move on to big and better things. Go with a cc processor that puts the money in YOUR bank account not theirs!

That's not necessarily the case. PP refunded an ebay buyer and when I phoned to ask them to explain the explanation was ridiculous. The item wasn't even eligible for buyer protection. Then the agent said, what if they paid by credit card and they apply for charge back. So, only the possibility of a CC chargeback means a seller will never win when a dispute is raised. I keep pointing out to people PP is a foreign company. There is no lawful redress in this country. The British Authorities have no control over their operating agreements. Don't give them access to your bank accounts. They can take all your money and there is nothing you can do about it.

Seller never win is not true, but it's seriously 99% true. I haven't heard very many sellers talk about how great paypal was when they really needed them. I said forget a long time ago and got myself a real merchant account.

PayPal is in the process of helping a buyer steal $84,000 so far it is $34,000 on 4 cases and 6 cases haven't been decided yet, although they have them all under review again but we are getting collection calls from their thugs already. They are literally aiding this fraudster. I was hoping for some help on this forum.....but finding none. We just need an attorney at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post
    PayPal is in the process of helping a buyer steal $84,000 so far it is $34,000 on 4 cases and 6 cases haven't been decided yet, although they have them all under review again but we are getting collection calls from their thugs already. They are literally aiding this fraudster. I was hoping for some help on this forum.....but finding none. We just need an attorney at this point.
    Damn that is a lot of money, I would absolutely involve a lawyer for that kind of money. What happened? Did the buyer file a chargeback? Is this for services or products sold? Did you have all the transactions for the $84k with the same buyer?

Yes, it was one buyer filed 11 cases. It was for products and not services. We just hired an attorney and they just sent a letter to PayPal today. We had to close our ebay business, report credit cards "lost" and close our bank account. I need to pay my ebay fees but I will see if they let me mail them the money. I'm not going to fund our negative -$74,000+ PayPal account (actually we couldn't fund it even if we wanted to). Even if this all gets resolved and the buyer does not get away with his "friendly fraud" and PayPal reverses our negative balance we will never do business with them again. If our attorney can't help us, (PayPal pulls out their big gun lawyers), then I will try the power of the press and see if I can get someone at the Tampa Bay Times to do an expose.