Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was told " Sellers never win"

Default Was told " Sellers never win"

PayPal member for over a decade. $20k in seller transactions over the past couple years with never a problem. Recent dispute filed by a scammer has caused PP to seize my funds. They say they will be refunding his money including shipping costs for items that I sold him because he paid with a credit card. PP rep informed me on the phone, that 'sellers never win'.

I can't believe that someone from Paypal had the gall to actually say that to you on the phone. I have no words. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

this is so awful. i cant believe they have the nerve to do this. i'm so sorry.

Now that is daring. You should have an app that records the conversation and play it back to them for them to just hear what they tell their customers. That is so sick.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

As he paid with a CC, he must have initiated a chargeback with the company that holds the card. Not a lot you can do about it unfortunately. "Sellers never win" is a false statement, but they certainly lose a lot more than buyers.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

Default A seller using Paypal won over me--

I ordered some pills that claimed to help you lose weight with the help of pineapple extract. The ad said there was a money back guarantee. I ordered and paid through paypal thinking I was safe. Well it a long time for the shipment to arrive and then I started taking the pills for about a week. I felt sick and knew I had to ask for refund. I sent an email and they said I had to try it for one month and if it didn't work then to send back for full refund. I tried taking one more week, but made me very sick. I sent the pills back with a letter asking for refund. The company never sent refund and ignored my emails.
    I called paypal to ask them to get my money back--they said it was too late 45 days had passed. I told them I sent the pills back but it took a long time etc. Also payoal said I needed a tracking number for the pills I sent back. I didnt know I needed to pay for tracking. So I lost out on $65. The seller definitely won.

Wow. Well, that's what you get when you don't put enough money into CS. I'm sure if that rep keeps that up he'll be on the unemployment line soon, but that must take some nerve to say to a customer.

At least he was honest with you. It's sort of common knowledge that the seller barely wins a chargeback. Probably have a better chance of winning a lottery then a PP chargeback..

I've performed my share of customer service work and even though I don't feel that the customer is always right since some customers can get extremely rude at times, the customer service representative still needs to remain professional and do their absolute best to try and help resolve the customer's issue. That's just good customer service and good business in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug1 View Post
    I've performed my share of customer service work and even though I don't feel that the customer is always right since some customers can get extremely rude at times, the customer service representative still needs to remain professional and do their absolute best to try and help resolve the customer's issue. That's just good customer service and good business in my opinion.
    I'm just playing devils advocate, but what if the customer service rep wasn't rude and just stating that due to policies that the buyer always wins. I give him props for being honest if he wasn't being rude over it.