Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why not switch to Amazon?

Lol Amazon isn't even close to being the same as eBay. eBay has a much higher range of products and much more diverse range of prices. You also can't really bid on Amazon...
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    Lol Amazon isn't even close to being the same as eBay. eBay has a much higher range of products and much more diverse range of prices. You also can't really bid on Amazon...
    This is true too. You can't bid on Amazon and there are times where I've made more money from a bidding war than I would have from just selling an item outright for a set price.

Amazon does not provide the services I require. So I have no choice but to use paypal as it the only method of payment available for some of the jobs I do.

I am actually planning on switching to Amazon. They are more reliable then eBay or Paypal in my opinion. I never had any issues using Amazon so it is convincing me to switch as soon as possible. Maybe after some research I will switch.

You can not compare Amazon to eBay. Amazon has overpriced items I do not know why but eBay you can get anything that you want. I would definitely choose eBay over Amazon anytime even though they have their own issues with selling.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I think Amazon doesn't have that much market share and consumer reach like as in eBay. They have a limit on what you can sell/buy. eBay has a vast variety of items that you can buy/sell. So making a switch will not be possible for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sarz View Post
    Amazon does not provide the services I require. So I have no choice but to use paypal as it the only method of payment available for some of the jobs I do.
    Why are you talking about Paypal? Amazon is not a payment gateway.
    This discussion is about switching from eBay to Amazon to buy and/or sell merchandise.

I'm not sure what service you "require" from Amazon. They sell things and people buy them. How are your jobs and payment relevant to a thread about which buying/selling platform is better?

Sometimes I wonder if people read threads before replying.
    Some of the comments seem really random.

i think the stuff sold on amazon is mostly new so its much more expensive. people are looking for cheaper products. people also want to sell their old stuff and the only place they know to do that is ebay.

We sell on ebay and amazon. Customer service for the sellers is horrible on both sites. Great for the buyers, but not for the sellers. The advantage with both is the traffic and exposure, which comes at a high cost in fees and walking on eggshells, worried if I will have a job tomorrow if we have someone accusing us of selling counterfeit items or if our performance drops in one day from 100% to 92% or if a few customers request to cancel an order that they placed. Yes, this too affect your seller performance and you can get suspended for it.