Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not switch to Amazon?

Default Why not switch to Amazon?

Paypal, and Ebay are known for being horrible companies. Knowing that fact. Why don't people just use Amazon?

Amazon is a better company to buy, and sell on. I don;t understand why people haven't made that switch. The only advantage Paypal, and Ebay has over Amazon is their number of users.

That why we should all switch to Amazon. We should make Paypal suffer for their horrible service, and leave their site useless like Myspace when Facebook became popular.

Why haven't you made the switch?

eBay is larger, older, and their categories for items sold are much larger in nature. On top of that eBay does specialty stuff like textbook selling (that's how I got an account with them initially). Amazon works well, but they are fairly limited in nature. On top of that PayPal is not only taken everywhere, but it delivers checks which is important for certain individuals considering the restrictions of their countries.

I am leaning towards going for Amazon because you can't really best their customer service to be honest. EBay can be a bit sketch at times but I've never had a single issue with Amazon. Prime is a bit more expensive but so useful.

I think switching to Amazon is a great idea. The only way to make Amazon a better marketplace for more catagories is if more people request it. Everyone is so sick of dealing with eBay, then we should all join together and help Amazon build their marketplace. There are more and more people going to Amazon now because they have started Prime, which means free shipping on lots of items.

Quote Originally Posted by AB9100 View Post
    Paypal, and Ebay are known for being horrible companies. Knowing that fact. Why don't people just use Amazon?

Amazon is a better company to buy, and sell on. I don;t understand why people haven't made that switch. The only advantage Paypal, and Ebay has over Amazon is their number of users.

That why we should all switch to Amazon. We should make Paypal suffer for their horrible service, and leave their site useless like Myspace when Facebook became popular.

Some sellers are really unhappy at Amazon too. They take a huge profit, and it is hard to make money there because it is so competitive. Their rules can be stricter too.

Quote Originally Posted by AB9100 View Post

Amazon is limited in what you can sell. If your item is not in their database, you can't list it. So if you do a search for your item on Amazon and don't see it, you can't list it. eBay pretty much lets people sell anything.
    Also, you can't sell items for parts that are in non-working condition on Amazon, but a lot of modders and tech savvy people buy broken technology for parts on eBay. If you have items that are unique, old or have condition issues, eBay will let you sell them, Amazon doesn't. So Amazon is a good alternative for some things, but not a total ebay replacement.

Amazon does not have as big of an inventory as Ebay and sometimes the prices on ebay can also be cheaper. Ebay has pretty much anything you are looking for and most of the time you won't have any problems buying from them. It's better to use both and search for a particular item on both sites before you purchase something.

All the answers have been practically given. A massive user base, more products and sometimes it actually costs less. Selling used items on Amazon too is a right pain and they rarely sell.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

I use Paypal because a number of my places of employment only pay via Paypal. It's not really so much a personal choice as an only option. I will say that the money gets transferred to my bank account or pulled out in the form of cash almost immediately though. I don't like leaving it sitting there after all the horror stories I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    Amazon is limited in what you can sell. If your item is not in their database, you can't list it. So if you do a search for your item on Amazon and don't see it, you can't list it. eBay pretty much lets people sell anything.
    Also, you can't sell items for parts that are in non-working condition on Amazon, but a lot of modders and tech savvy people buy broken technology for parts on eBay. If you have items that are unique, old or have condition issues, eBay will let you sell them, Amazon doesn't. So Amazon is a good alternative for some things, but not a total ebay replacement.
    Yeah, I've noticed the listing thing too. That's a real pain for people who would prefer to sell on Amazon rather than Ebay. I generally prefer Ebay anyway for used or hard to find stuff.