Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal does not have an online chat option?

Default Paypal does not have an online chat option?

This is something that has been bothering me for a while now.

Whenever i use Amazon, and there is a problem i can simply click on their online chat icon, and talk to a representative. In those situations the problem is usually solved in a few minutes.

Paypal receives so many complaints. It makes me wonder why they do have this option. I think it would help their reputation tremendously. People would be able to instantly have their issues resolved.

Does anyone else think that this would help Paypal's reputation?

Yes. Adding an online support chat option would be good.

Too much time would be spent on Live Chat because more people would be inclined to get in contact. They don't have the man power to use online chat + they stick to pretty basic scripts anyway.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

I actually prefer speaking to someone on the phone. I find that a great deal tends to get lost in translation in chat. When you are actually on the phone, you can better convey the urgency of your issue. You can also get a supervisor if needed.

I prefer speaking to someone on the phone, but for basic issues I think the online chat option would ease the congestion on the phone lines. Perhaps I'm cynical but I feel like it is a well calculated move on the part of Paypal to not have an online chat option, they don't seem to encourage communication and by making it difficult seem to be hoping Paypal users just give up.

Probably they do not have enough staff even to take care of the email support. I do not know why since they are making a lot money per day and they simply can not hire more people.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I used to use PayPal quite a bit; now I just use it occasionally. At any rate, I think that it would be a wonderful idea for them to have the option to have an "online chat". When I first began using PayPal, it was so confusing!! So, a feature like that would have really came in handy.

I would imagine PayPal does not have this feature due to the amount of money it would take to make happen. Even if they outsourced the online chat personnel, it would still cost a good chunk of change.

Most big sites have online chat, even many smaller websites I've used have had live chat options. Then again, they actually care about their CS, unlike paypal. That would cost them too much to staff and run. While I also do prefer contacting through the phone, live chat is always a nice option.

No, while every other site has site has some kind of chat system with paypal you're going to have to call a representative if you want any kind of assistance. I guess they figure if they had a chat system they would get spammed with nothing but non-stop complaints and legal threats.

I guess they prefer the calling methods then online chat since they handle currency and are basically a online bank compared to amazon which is a 'online super market' for example.