Thread: Suspended because of a bogus whistleblower

Angry Suspended because of a bogus whistleblower

I had a very profitable eBay account under the username that I used for all my internet selling. I made it easy to be recognized all over the web as the person selling name brand luxury purses. My buyers could be reassured that I was selling real purses. My bags were verified by many reputable online authenticators. I was able to post those verifications on my listings and buyers could feel safe buying from me. One day I received a notification from eBay that my account had been suspended for selling counterfeit items. I was horrified. eBay did not allow me to defend myself. I offered to send the purses to someone at the company; I was desperate. eBay never told me who accused me, never gave me the option to make restitution even though I never sold counterfeit items. They simply swooped in and suspended me. To make matters worse, PayPal withdrew the payment from my account and refunded the buyer. Now the buyer had a $1500 purse for free. I was crushed. This caused me to have a negative balance in my account. It was not until I got married, changed my last name, and moved to a different address that I was able to get another eBay account. I still have the same PayPal account. I think I was reinstated because years had passed since they suspended me. When I did begin selling again, I had limitations on my account until I accumulated a high enough seller rating. I depended on eBay to supplement my income and that was a crushing blow. I rarely sell on eBay anymore because the buyer always seems to be right even when they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by alodocios View Post
    I had a very profitable eBay account under the username that I used for all my internet selling. I made it easy to be recognized all over the web as the person selling name brand luxury purses. My buyers could be reassured that I was selling real purses. My bags were verified by many reputable online authenticators. I was able to post those verifications on my listings and buyers could feel safe buying from me. One day I received a notification from eBay that my account had been suspended for selling counterfeit items. I was horrified. eBay did not allow me to defend myself. I offered to send the purses to someone at the company; I was desperate. eBay never told me who accused me, never gave me the option to make restitution even though I never sold counterfeit items. They simply swooped in and suspended me. To make matters worse, PayPal withdrew the payment from my account and refunded the buyer. Now the buyer had a $1500 purse for free. I was crushed. This caused me to have a negative balance in my account. It was not until I got married, changed my last name, and moved to a different address that I was able to get another eBay account. I still have the same PayPal account. I think I was reinstated because years had passed since they suspended me. When I did begin selling again, I had limitations on my account until I accumulated a high enough seller rating. I depended on eBay to supplement my income and that was a crushing blow. I rarely sell on eBay anymore because the buyer always seems to be right even when they are not.
    If I were you I wouldnt sell stuff like that on ebay. That's sort of asking for shit to happen. If you're selling 1500$ purses you could afford your own website and accept straight paypal. That all makes me think there is something I'm missing in this story..

Actually selling from your own domain is an entirely different thing then selling from a platform like eBay. Using your own domain means you have to somehow get a listing within the first two or three pages of Google and that's a lot of hard work and research. There is also the cost of hosting, dealing with all the legal forms and licenses, and whatever else. Whereas with eBay you sign-up, you post, you ship, and you're golden. It's a matter of convenience and the like.

eBay is always not forgiving. Even if you have been a great seller always delivering your products, one day you have an issue with them and your account gets suspended.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Ebay does this all the time, If I'm correct they even do it themselves just to get money from sellers and buyers alike.