Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal's security fails and I have to pay

I sometimes never understand how PayPal works. They are always on the side of the buyer without knowing how much you as the seller will lose. That is not even close to being fair.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Awful situation. Can't they check the IP of the other account, the hacked one? Say you're in the US and the hacked account uses a Chinese IP, how is this still your fault. Did you travel to China to pay for the laptop, then returned home? I'm exaggerating a bit, but really, they need to get their sh!t straight. Keep pressing them with calls.

You can easily spoof IP over internet. So this cannot be a valid argument against PayPal.

For your case, it a tricky one to solve. On one side, it would be unfair to the original Paypal account holder if Paypal took their money for a transaction the account holder is unaware of. On the other hand, since you have sold your laptop, you are also losing money if Paypal charged the money back from you. I am sorry for your situation but there is simply no easy way to fix this.

I'm so sorry for you.
    Paypal has an history of doing that kind of things on a regular base.
    For your information there is a simple alternative which would have make this scenario impossible: Bitcoin.
    Most people here will probably dismiss it on the spot but it really is a fast growing powerfull solution that allowes you to control your money at all time.

Well I have absolutely no idea how that works. On what grounds did pp find you to be in the wrong?

All you can do is appeal the decision explaining that it isn't your fault and if forced to tell them you are prepared to take legal action, as you refuse to pay for something you clearly don't owe.

Yep, this happens many times. Protect your account or just use another service. Don't pay and ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    I sometimes never understand how PayPal works. They are always on the side of the buyer without knowing how much you as the seller will lose. That is not even close to being fair.
    For some reason its more profittable for them to do so I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli405 View Post
    Just sold a laptop that the buyer paid for using a hacked PayPal account. After a long investigation, PayPal finds me to be in the wrong! WTF??? How is it not Paypal's fault that my account was hacked and their security failed. I have to pay for their short comings?
    Take them to court if you were honestly wronged. I don't think they will sue though. They would end up losing money JUST taking you to court.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    Take them to court if you were honestly wronged. I don't think they will sue though. They would end up losing money JUST taking you to court.
    Who knows if its worth it. You have to pay the lawyer and you MIGHT lose. So who knows if its worth the trouble.