Thread: PayPal banned us from selling Cuban coffee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PayPal banned us from selling Cuban coffee

Paypal is a US company, and the US does not trade with Cuba. That was the justification for PayPal refusing to allow my company to sell Cuban coffee if we took PayPal payments for it.

We are UK company not US, and we don't sell to the US, nevertheless they took action against us.

So we had to take the Cuban coffee out of the normal payment shopping cart, and find a workaround, we now send customers to buy our Cuban coffee pods on Amazon instead. Why does PayPal have to make everything so complicated when it doesn't have to be?

Its simply not worth their while. Probably administrative hassle and they simply dont think its worth their while. If you made them millions they would probably find a way

What a terrible company, but I understand their reason for doing this. Paypal being a US company doesn't want anything to do with any Cuban products.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Yeah, this sucks but it's all because of the Cuban embargo. As far as I know you're not even allowed to purchase Cuban goods from another country and bring them back in US. As for Paypal, they don't allow such transactions since the fines associated with said products are quite high and not worth the hassle. So, even if you're in the UK, Paypal is not allowed by law to process payments resulted from the selling of Cuban merchandise.

What's up with Paypal's discrimination against Cuban goods? Why is it not allowed? Anyway, since Paypal is a US company, even if you're from the UK, you are still covered by their rules. So I guess aside from redirecting your customers to Amazon, you can also sell your Cuban coffee on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    What a terrible company, but I understand their reason for doing this. Paypal being a US company doesn't want anything to do with any Cuban products.
    I agree. It sucks but I can certainly see why they don't want to be involved.

Is it actual coffee from Cuba or just Cuban style coffee?
    I'm Cuban American and in Miami ,you can buy Cuban style coffee in every supermarket, but it's made in Florida.

It's weird that Paypal would even pry into what you were selling.
    Did they go through every one of your auctions looking over all of your products? Maybe they have a bot or script that zeroes in on the word 'Cuban".

Gosh, that's crazy! It shouldn't matter if you're in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Its simply not worth their while. Probably administrative hassle and they simply dont think its worth their while. If you made them millions they would probably find a way
    Does think company enjoy making people's life a misery and at the same time messing up their business, they are making so much money but yet they still find a way to tell their customers what they can and can't do without NOTICE! and that part is important, they never give their customers reasonably notice they just do it.