Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froze a Friend's Account

Default Froze a Friend's Account

This latest PayPal action has me seething. A friend of mine has a daughter for recently got diagnosed with leukaemia and she is currently in intensive care. My friend is also currently pregnant. She set up a page on one the popular fundraising sites to raise money to store the placenta of the baby after he/she is born so that stems cells from it could be used to save her sick daughter's life.

My friend has done everything right - her account is bank account verified and she is using a well-known site that hundreds of others use to raise money in the same way. However, PayPal have frozen her account and all the raised money in it! This makes me so made. It is obvious what the money is for and the last thing she needs to more stress and that money is so important too.

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter.

Have paypal given her an explanation as to why they've frozen her account? It might be because of the sheer amount of money that she received in such a short period of time. I assume they're checking nothing fishy is going on with her account. Still, it's unacceptable for them to do this considering her situations. She should definitely contact them to try and get this sorted out as soon as possible.

My best wishes for your friend's daughter!

Sadly, account freezes over donation money is something Paypal does a lot. A quick search reveals plenty of similar stories. Luckily they do seem to release the money after a while which is good and bad at the same time. Good because you have access to the funds, bad if you need said funds as soon as possible.

I'm sure you already talked with Paypal support but if they stall things maybe trying to get the story out or cause some waves on the net will help and make them act faster?

Maybe they tend to freeze the funds because they suspect that the whole story is a fraud, so you would need to send them some proof? After all, it's easy to come up with stories like that to prey on the kind hearted, generous people. I hope this gets resolved soon, so kindly update us. And I hope that your friend's daughter's condition would get better.

Any updates on this, it's already been 10 days since you first posted. Has Paypal come to its senses and unfrozen the account? Hopefully your friends daughter condition is better now, take care!

This confirms pretty much what I've heard about PayPal, they are not humans, they are just bots that calculate profits, but they forget that on the other side there are real people with real problems...

Wow, very sorry to hear about the friend. She has our best wishes and prayers.

Paypal has been know to freeze accounts when large amounts of money suddenly come it. Keep calling them and explaining the situation to them. It should become clear to them this is serious and you guys did nothing wrong.

Even if you tell PayPal the same story am sure they will not even flinch. I am not sure why that actually happened at least they should have given you the reason why they had limited the account.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by caparica007 View Post
    This confirms pretty much what I've heard about PayPal, they are not humans, they are just bots that calculate profits, but they forget that on the other side there are real people with real problems...
    Considering there have been recent stories about people scamming others for hundreds of thousands of dollars it actually isn't unreasonable for them to behave as such. Gathering a lot of money very quickly for a "good" cause is a possibility, but it is only one of many.

That is horrible! Did she call and explain her situation to them? That is absolutely disgusting that they would keep her own money from her when she needs it.