Thread: Cancelled membership but paypal kept charging me

Default Cancelled membership but paypal kept charging me

PP is chasing me for money they paid to a date company. I had cancelled the membership. PP made the un-authorised payment which I got the bank to cancel. Now they want me to pay them.
    If I pay to save my credit rating, how CAN I prevent PP from ever doing that again. The amount is a little over AU$200

Was the payment just a one time payment for a the current month you were using? Or are they trying to continue to charge you month after month even though you no longer use the service?

Default paypal not behaving themselves

I'm surprised that Paypal are acting so recklessly and chasing you for money you don't owe them. I had noticed on my account that I was charged by the Sun on an account that was limited, and they say payments can't be made. I'm always weary of companies paying me and then claiming the money back at a later date due to Paypals reversal rules. I wish there was a alternative to Paypal that behaved better.

Do you have proof that you cancelled the membership and that the cancellation was effective before paypal authorised the payment? If so I woul contact them and provide them with this information and see what they say then.

Since the account was cancelled, why were they making the payment on your behalf. That is wrong. They should be the ones who to bear the costs. I do not think they ever make a loss these people.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

It sounds like one of those situations where you probably didn't cancel in time and was therefore tied into the membership.

Not sure whether this is really their fault or not.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

Have you confirmed when your subscription was supposed to be finally stopped after unsubscribing? If in fact Paypal made this unauthorized transaction the way to stop them is to stop using them. Try some of the other payment processors available.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    It sounds like one of those situations where you probably didn't cancel in time and was therefore tied into the membership.

Not sure whether this is really their fault or not.
    I agree, you might have left it too late when you cancelled your membership and therefore you got roped into a membership you didn't actually want. It still sucks though so you should definitely contact them about it.