Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Wallet

I have not tried it yet for the simple fact that it is not as popular as PayPal so not too many sellers accept it. I'm not sure how it works but I might try it out in the future. I heard it was not doing well though.

I have used Google Wallet and have found it to be very reliable! However due to lack of users, its less efficient than paypal in my opinion. But certainly more reliable.

I strongly hope that Google Wallet becomes a large enough competition for PayPal. I have heard from some friends that Wallet has larger transaction fee than PayPal. Is it true?

I didn't really care for google wallet until I was using gmail today. Google just added a new feature in which you can attach money (that's right, MONEY) to emails using the google wallet feature. I think this is a step in the future. Bitcoin makes transfer of money much easier but it suffers from volatility. For now, google wallet seems like a good alternative.

i actually have never heard of it, thanks for bringing it up to us. i'm going to look at it. unfortunately as others have pointed out it is not as big as paypal and there would be very few places you can use it.

Google Wallet is great! Been using it for a few weeks and no complaints at all.

Google Wallet is a nice concept, not very popular though. As a seller, you tend to go by what is popularly used by your buyers, and that is Paypal-- which is sad. Paypal started out a great company, but ever since the eBay-Paypal partnership (they're owned by the same company), they've been destroying businesses instead of helping them and turning people off in the process.

Google Wallet may be a good alternative, but it's not the best service out there. Sometimes, Google Wallet declines certains payments or if you lose access to your Google account or Google Wallet PIN by some unfortunate event, you could lose your funds as quickly because Google Wallet does not require re-verification. The check-out process via Google Wallet is very quick, which is a plus for real users and an even bigger plus for hackers. Will a better alternative please step up?

I haven't heard of Google Wallet before but it sounds like something that I will have to check out. I'm always on the look out for alternatives so this is something worth checking into.

Everyone should read the terms and conditions on Goodle Wallet. The structure seems to be very similar to paypal. Which in turn can be a cycle of stress and headaches. I've had a real merchant account and it's been the best experience thus far.

Personally I wouldn't want to chance it again. Any business that has the same structure at paypal is iffie to me. Id rather just have a real merchant account instead of dealing with all the stress. Save yourself some time and money and get a real merchant account.