Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Smarter, Not Harder. Calm. Still.

Thumbs up Work Smarter, Not Harder. Calm. Still.

It appears many PayPal users are fighting a battle. Battles are not to be engaged with organizations or businesses as such. It appears the legality issue has been overlooked. I'm sure none of us are fancy pants going to call lawyers and sue, but please, don't let PayPal know that! It is of great importance to remain calm, getting loud and losing our tempers will get us nothing. Next I would recommend you become familiar with how it all works, for example, the process used to dispute a charge. Remember you have a right to have anything you don't understand explained to you, provided you have the ability to (stop whining and) verbally express this. That's right, all you have to do is say something. Even if PayPal is the worst business around, they do still employ people who like to help, and genuinely care enough to take the time to do so. Nobody was born knowing every term, condition and policy that makes up PayPal. Need practice asking for help? Go ahead and ask me for help, stop letting PayPal ruin your life, there are bigger monsters out there in the world.

I completely agree. I think many of us including myself have gotten so frustrated with PayPal and its issues that when we actually get to speak to one of their representatives, and hear what they have to say we lose it a bit. We get very caught up in the fact that they can't solve our problem, or can't do anything about our issues. I agree completely, and that being said we should all also remember that those same representatives that we go off on are people just like us who have the same issues with other companies, so they know first hand how we feel. So Stay calm, be smarter, and stay still. Don't let them get to you so much anymore. Life is too short for that these days.

I agree, life is too short to get all worked up over something that in a few days will be almost forgotten. Most customer service representatives, if they are a good one, will know how to knock the wind out of someones sails if they notice they are getting all worked up. If things escalate too badly,and the customer is getting way too upset, the rep is not doing their job. Just ask to speak to someone else if you are getting too upset.

PayPal sometimes can get onto your nerves but that is just the way they are. They has some stupid company policies that we as users fail to read and simply end up on the wrong side of the policies. For that reason is why our accounts get limited that often.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSurvivor View Post
    It appears many PayPal users are fighting a battle. Battles are not to be engaged with organizations or businesses as such. It appears the legality issue has been overlooked. I'm sure none of us are fancy pants going to call lawyers and sue, but please, don't let PayPal know that! It is of great importance to remain calm, getting loud and losing our tempers will get us nothing. Next I would recommend you become familiar with how it all works, for example, the process used to dispute a charge. Remember you have a right to have anything you don't understand explained to you, provided you have the ability to (stop whining and) verbally express this. That's right, all you have to do is say something. Even if PayPal is the worst business around, they do still employ people who like to help, and genuinely care enough to take the time to do so. Nobody was born knowing every term, condition and policy that makes up PayPal. Need practice asking for help? Go ahead and ask me for help, stop letting PayPal ruin your life, there are bigger monsters out there in the world.
    Your point about people getting familiar with how it all works is the main one here. Half the people that come here to complain are actually in the wrong and Paypal haven't done anything they shouldn't have.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

Another good idea is to call back later on to see if you can talk to someone who is more helpful. It's amazing how differently two customer service reps from the same place can handle things.

Quote Originally Posted by elle_kay View Post
    Another good idea is to call back later on to see if you can talk to someone who is more helpful. It's amazing how differently two customer service reps from the same place can handle things.
    I totally agree with you there. Sometimes you get stuck talking to someone completely useless but if you'd called at a different time it would have been a different story.

Not to argue but I believe the contrary. Staying calm while that goes on is awesome, same time though it makes you seem as if you could be pushed over and persuaded. I had a friend who worked at a store (wont disclose name) who got payed on commission and the biggest thing you learned is the non aggressive / submissive people are the easiest to full and take advantage of. And paypal is not a bank. Actually a corporation who want profits. And they "employ" people who want to help? Damn didn't know most of India wanted to help.. Or is it cause in general it's a job that pays which is what they actually need.. Cause every rep I talked to except a few occasions is from there. They can be awesome actually sometimes better then the Non Outsourced Americans. Your right about we don't all know their policies. But when its so corrupt and biased for example the buyers are usually on the better end of the rope compared to the seller. Example? Who would use a company with a policy with chargebacks that let the buyer win 99% of the time for example, even though sethky sold 'bob' that car amp that meets the description, has tracking delivery, and EVEN a SIGNATURE approving the arrival and received, the buyer still wins the chargeback. I asked them how that's possible and the gist of what he said was "the buyer is always right"... You are right about trying to be abit nicer, but users like me and similar have gone down shits creek without a paddle or boat.. So I remain bitter whenever I got to deal with them

Being calm and firm are the important points to remember. PayPal customer service reps are paid to do a job, and not paid very well. It is pointless to start yelling and cussing because then nobody will want to help you and will just want to get you off the phone. If the rep is not helping you, ask for a manager.

If the situation is approached by a person with a chip on their shoulder the only result is going to be the rep wanting to blow them off. If the situation is handled calmly even if it means staying on the phone for a while then whatever.