Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal part of scam

Default PayPal part of scam

Paypal makes unauthorized payments and won't stop! I made the mistake of buying "speedmyPC" software package, essentially malware, it sucks. and sets of norton, and opens up a vulnerability to hijacking by email spammers. and that company has been making recurring charges to my paypal account which paypal will not stop or refund. Speedmypc's email accounts reject any attempts to contact them via email at their server and their "customer service" number is always busy. It is a scam and paypal is part of it.

Doesnt surprise me at all! PayPal is a horrible business and just wants to take your hard earned money!

I think Paypal may not be directly part of the scam. However, the problem is, they fail to help their users address issues such as these. They just don't care. They just refuse to intervene in scams. In other words, they are being used by scammers as a tool and Paypal just allows it.

Paypal is not a part of this scam. You have malware - this could've happened with your regular bank account also (so I would definitely refrain from logging on to your internet banking until you get this fixed!). I think you should take your computer to a professional and see if they can remove the malware, or maybe just delete your Paypal account.

I wish you had looked up the software before you downloaded it because it has lots of bad reviews online. If you want to speed up your PC, you should try expanding your RAM. If you take your computer to a professional to remove the malware, they can also advise you on this. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by batman57 View Post
    Paypal makes unauthorized payments and won't stop! I made the mistake of buying "speedmyPC" software package, essentially malware, it sucks. and sets of norton, and opens up a vulnerability to hijacking by email spammers. and that company has been making recurring charges to my paypal account which paypal will not stop or refund. Speedmypc's email accounts reject any attempts to contact them via email at their server and their "customer service" number is always busy. It is a scam and paypal is part of it.
    You should just close your Paypal accounts, remove all the money and disassociate your credit card from the account and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by batman57 View Post
    Every time I call Paypal, I also find that they are busy, but I stay on the line until I talk to a person. If you have never spoken to someone at Paypal, then you aren't trying hard enough. The hold time is annoying and inconvenient, but this is too important for you to just let slide. You have to speak to someone at Paypal so that you can protect your account.

Also, you should be able to turn off automatic payments by going into your Paypal preferences and deselecting Speedmypc's company as a service provider that you have scheduled payments to.

That doesn't really surprise me sadly, Paypal has gotten worse and worse this past year. I recommend closing your account and reporting the charges to your bank, Paypal is just the "middle man". Best of luck getting your money back.

I think this is all your fault. You should have read the reviews about the software before actually buying it. I think you should be careful whatever you buy online.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I actually think that this time it is your fault and not paypal's fault, because you were stupid enough to buy the malware without checking it out in the first place, and allowing automatic payments.

You might want close your account ASAP and cancel the credit cards or bank account, maybe contact your bank to try and reverse the charges?

1) Pretty stupid of you to buy software like that
    2) Go to your Paypal account and cancel the recurring charge, it's somewhere in your account
    3) Paypal is not part of the scam and thinking so makes you look even more stupid.