Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hours wasted trying to contact payPal

Default Hours wasted trying to contact payPal

i have wasted hours trying to contact paypal, i want confirmation that they have issued a refund and then i want to close my account for obvious reasons whenever i phone i get cut off. i sold a hunting whip on 28 01 2014 the buyer paid but i never got the money, he paid again and i gave him a refund so he can pay me direct. today i was told i had email telling me refund had been made but i have never received this e mail what can i do i am running out of patience with PayPal

That isn't right! That is terrible that you can't get a hold of them either. I hope you get your money back!

Whenever I try to contact Paypal, one thing I realized is that you can never do it once. You need to be patient enough to keep on making followups. Otherwise, they will just really ignore all your concerns. I really find that very unprofessional of them, but yeah, if you lose patience, it seems you will be the loser as well in the end. Keep on pushing them until you have gotten the resolution that you want.

I have never been able to work with Paypal over the phone, if at all possible try to speak to a manager or someone else high up. Sorry you are having to through with this, I've closed my Paypal awhile ago for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarian View Post
    I have never been able to work with Paypal over the phone, if at all possible try to speak to a manager or someone else high up. Sorry you are having to through with this, I've closed my Paypal awhile ago for obvious reasons.
    Try to contact a supervisior but don't sound like an asshole when you do so. Treat them with respect and you should be fine! They'll probably help you out.

Unfortunately this type of situation it's not unheard of.

Numerous times have I tried contacting them to discuss issues with payments, only to fall in their automated answers loop and unreasonably long queues.

I say, if the item was worth $10 or less it's probably not worth your time or the cost of calling them. If it is an expensive item, be persistent, keep trying and make sure you don't let them hang up until you get some kind of commitment from them.

And yeah be polite, otherwise the agent will probably be less helpful.

Although it is extremely frustrating I agree that you have to contact them as often, as soon, and in as many ways as possible. Make sure you never lose your temper or they will be less likely to hep you. It takes patience but I hope you get it sorted out!

I hate customer service lines. It's always a waste of time and takes forever to get in touch with someone. I've seen waits up to 3 hours before and then the call drops. Talk about mad!
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I agree -- the waits can be ridiculous! I hope you get the situation squared away soon. To be fair, PP isn't the only one with horrible customer service lines...I hate every 800 number that I have to call.

I have wasted a ton of hours trying to contact PayPal. During the sign-up process I accidentally put in the wrong number to connect my account with my bank account. I got on the phone as soon as possible. I searched multiple numbers for PayPal customer service and called every on that I found, to find that all of them had a customer service machine. The machine was hardly helpful and just left me more and more frustrated as I continued to try and reach an agent to help with my problem. After getting away from the machine, I was stuck in waiting to speak to an agent for over 2 hours. I hanged up called back, and was still stuck in the same positions. Its wasted time and they should really come up with a better waiting process and a more effective way to reaching and getting help from a customer service representative.