Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal got me fired from my job

The only thing i could suggest would be to explain your situation to both PayPal and the company, and create a new PayPal account for future purchases, if that doesn't work out, is there anyone who can help you financially while you sort a new job out? Goodluck..

That is absolutely shocking, but to be honest, I've learned to expect anything from paypal.

I think the important thing to clarify here is whether you linked your company card in order to purchase something for the company or for your own personal gain.

Harsh as it may sound right now, if you were using the company credit card unlawfully it could have costed you more than just your job.

If you were using the card within legal limits (i.e. to make purchases for the company) and simply forgot about it and eventually bought more stuff with it inadvertently due to it being the default card on your paypal account, then you should definitely look to sue paypal.

In regards to your employer I don't think there is much you can do from a legal standpoint, because whether it was intentional or not, you were still negligent.

I hope everything gets sorted and you manage to find a new job.

Wow, that is AWFUL. I've never heard of anyone losing their job because of Paypal before. Is there anything you can do to get your job back? Surely your boss would understand if you explained the situation to them.

Ouch, this has to be the worst story I've heard so far..

Quote Originally Posted by swagger View Post
    Ouch, this has to be the worst story I've heard so far..
    I know right, it is really a terrible situation to get yourself into and I am full of sympathy for you mate, I really hope things turned out okay for you in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Tersuss View Post
    I know right, it is really a terrible situation to get yourself into and I am full of sympathy for you mate, I really hope things turned out okay for you in the end
    Its hard seeing things like this happen to people and you can only watch from the sides and do nothing.

This is terrible. I'm a little confused as to why your company card was linked to your personal account, but if you were buying things for the company I assume they were aware of you using it, so they should have understood that it was there. It sounds like possible negligence on your side and the company. Unfortunately, the company usually wins in this situation, even though it seem clear that it was a genuine mistake. I would try and find some legal advice and proof that PayPal wrongly used that card, and the use of that card cost you your much needed job.

Wow...I feel for you. That sounds like a really bad situation, especially if you are a parent. Why did you have your company's credit card information on your PayPal account, though? Is this a mistake that you can potentially explain and fix?

You can sue against PayPal for fraud and theft. You have to find a suitable lawyer and press charges against PayPal. I hope you get a better job soon.

It is for sure not ok to use the company's card on your personal account. No matter what kind of purchase you have to make, you should inform your managers and get approval. No matter how good your intentions were, it was not the right thing to do.