Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal got me fired from my job

Default PayPal got me fired from my job

I have lost my job due to PayPal storing and taking money from the company I worked for credit card. They said there were insufficient funds in my personal account, this is a lie, they never even tried. My company has now summarily dismissed me stating I was gross negligence. I did not know PayPal stored the details of a card I used last. I wish I could use but as a mother of four who has just lost a thirty thousand pound salary I don't know what to do.

Wow this is crazy!! I too have set up a paypal account for my job separate from my personal account and never encountered this problem. How did you have the two linked in the first place? Did you use the same email address or something?

Unbelievable! Maybe you can sue them for wrongful termination!

This is terrible. Now I've heard everything. I can't believe Paypal cost you your job. Usually when someone loses an income due to Paypal, it's an online store.
    I've never heard of someone losing their actual job.

Can you talk to one of those low cost lawyers? Do they have Legal Aid in the UK? I'm so sorry this happened to you.

That doesn't sound right. Why was your company card linked to your personal PayPal account? That does sound negligent. You should never link company cards to personal account. That is like stealing.

It doens't sound like stealing to me! Maybe she had to buy something online for her job and didn't want to create a new Paypal account, but the company was paying for it so she used that card. It's hard to say without knowing the situation.

Did you offer to pay the money back, or did they just fire you straight away? If you paid the money back then I don't really see the problem, to be honest. I do understand why they're angry, but if it was an honest mistake that you tried to rectify, it seems like firing is very harsh!

I'm very sorry this happened to you and I hope you're able to find a new job soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That doesn't sound right. Why was your company card linked to your personal PayPal account? That does sound negligent. You should never link company cards to personal account. That is like stealing.
    That's what I was thinking. But perhaps it was just a mistake like someone previously mentioned. She may have used the same email address or something.

Quote Originally Posted by koheidi View Post
    I have lost my job due to PayPal storing and taking money from the company I worked for credit card. They said there were insufficient funds in my personal account, this is a lie, they never even tried. My company has now summarily dismissed me stating I was gross negligence. I did not know PayPal stored the details of a card I used last. I wish I could use but as a mother of four who has just lost a thirty thousand pound salary I don't know what to do.
    I would sue them, that is illegal for them to go into your account without any reason, also due to the fact they caused you to be fired and having four children to provide for. That is really disgusting, I really hope things work out for you.

What! That is so sad to get you fired. The company should visit this forum and see how much people are complaining about PayPal maybe they will have a change of heart to your situation.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by koheidi View Post
    This heart wrenching, have you spken to a lawyer, maybe there is grounds for a civil suit.