Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay with credit card via PayPal

Some sellers require you to have a real account. This is because a lot of sellers are seeking more protection and having an account is a lot more secure. Else people can just insert a false credit card.

How could they possibly open an account for you? That doesn't seem legal at all.

That is very fishy. No site will ever try to do such a thing. I doubt whether it is a scam site. You have to verify the reliability of the website in question before doing any further transaction with them.

There's something not right about that. I've never heard of that being done before so it's probably a scam. You should contact paypal and explain the situation to them.

Report it to PayPal ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafdet View Post
    I've placed an order a few days ago on a Chinese website that had the option to pay with CC through PayPal. I did not have a PayPal account and they did not have the option to get the money straight from the card. So they automatically created a PayPal account for me. Is this normal?
    This is definitely not normal. I would not use the PayPal account they created for you. They have access to that account. When you enter your bank account or credit card information they will have access to it, as well as any other personal information they might already have. This sounds like a big scam, I would stop doing business with this website immediately.

So I've changed the password for that account and I continued to use it. It seems fine, the website through which the PP account was created is in order, they've sent my package and all is well. I don't really know if I should leave the PP account open and continue to use it, since it doesn't seem to give me any problems.

I would close it just in case! You can always reopen it!

That sounds pretty sketchy. I believe creating an account for other individual is against the terms and conditions of Paypal. Never link any of your bank account to that Paypal account, most likely the organization is using it to farm CC or debit cards numbers.

Its weird that they credited the PayPal account for you, however normally when you're ordering something they give you the option of paying with Paypal or your card. That being said when you get the confirmation email of your order and payment it will come from PayPal so I think you're okay but still look into it if you're still skeptical.