Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay with credit card via PayPal

Default Pay with credit card via PayPal

I've placed an order a few days ago on a Chinese website that had the option to pay with CC through PayPal. I did not have a PayPal account and they did not have the option to get the money straight from the card. So they automatically created a PayPal account for me. Is this normal?

That is odd that they created the account for you, especially if they used your name and possibly E-mail. I personally wouldn't use that account and would prefer to make my own. Do you have the password and e-mail, or do they still have it? Regardles I recommend staying away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarian View Post
    That is odd that they created the account for you, especially if they used your name and possibly E-mail. I personally wouldn't use that account and would prefer to make my own. Do you have the password and e-mail, or do they still have it? Regardles I recommend staying away from it.
    Dont use that account, it is very suspicious. Contact PayPal about this immediately, be careful that they dont use your account and withdraw funds from your credit card!

If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll be automatically redirected to a secure page in eBay checkout where you can enter your credit card information. When you're done, you'll have the option of saving your credit card details with PayPal by creating a PayPal account. So if you accepted this request you have created an account. You were probably mistaking this as an account already made which is not the case unless you went through with it.

Well they can't really make an account for you but I guess what happened is what Chia told. Some websites use this method. I personally haven't seen any sites like this but it sounds sketchy.

Don't use that account because they have access to it and I am 100% sure you don't want to give them all your money. And you shouldn't really use PP because it is really bad they do a lot of bad things, for example they freeze, cancel accounts or hold funds for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafdet View Post
    I've placed an order a few days ago on a Chinese website that had the option to pay with CC through PayPal. I did not have a PayPal account and they did not have the option to get the money straight from the card. So they automatically created a PayPal account for me. Is this normal?
    No that is not at all normal, an outside source should not have the ability to create a Paypal account for you, I would dodge that at all costs, mainly because if they create it for you then they will have access to your account.

I get what you're saying and you are right, but how would they have access to my information if for instance I would change my password? I did not provide the site with my information. I was directed to PayPal after entering my card information in order to create a password.

This just smells like a bad thing, you should stay away from using that account. Normally when you buy something you don't need to actually make an account, there will be a secure page for you to enter and verify your card with.

Mmmmmh never heard of that. You should contact PayPal immediately so that they can actually state they are the ones who created the account. If they created an account for you, what is the password? I guess you do not know.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]