Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal will take your money if you are a seller

Default PayPal will take your money if you are a seller

i sold something on ebay for $30 and when i tried to reason with the buyer he opened a dispute witch took the $30 out of my account

i know $30 is no big deal but i am glad i found out now instead of later if i make a big purchase

paypal is so concerned for the buyer that they open the door to scamers. I will still use it when there is no other option but never for more then I can afford to lose.

Exactly, Paypal just isn't worth it for sellers and I can see this drastically changing how E-Commerce will work. I'm sorry you lost your money, I would definitely be mad if that happened to me. If you don't do anything it makes it seem like you are accepting the guilt, if you didn't do anything wrong then let Paypal know!

That sucks! I hate how they deal will disputes. It really doesn't seem fair, and they don't usually offer any clear cut answers.

That's too bad. I think Paypal needs to change some of it's policies as sellers are always being ripped off.

The dispute period lets you work things out with the buyer. It's your chance to communicate with them and let them know what is going on. So you usually can work things out unless you get a really stubborn buyer. In that cause I guess your a soul out of luck. I've started to see some sellers request a certain amount of positive feedback from their buyers before they do business. This is a good idea if it is happening to you a lot. PayPal shouldn't need to protect you when you can protect yourself.

The problem with PayPal is that they are always quick to act on the seller account even before listening to their side of story. Sometimes the buyers are scammers and will place a chargeback without any good reason. I hate when this happens.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    The problem with PayPal is that they are always quick to act on the seller account even before listening to their side of story. Sometimes the buyers are scammers and will place a chargeback without any good reason. I hate when this happens.
    I know this happens sometimes but like a said above if it's a common occurrence setting a feedback limit is a very good idea. The feedback system is the most useful tool on ebay might as well use it.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I agree Paypal sides with the buyer most of the time and screw over the sellers. When I had my shop I was quickly limited and unable to sell any of my items. They want to make everyone happy and end up making everyone upset, it is a horrible cycle.

Paypal is, no doubt, making money or it wouldn't exist. Perhaps disputed payments should enter an escrow type account. Paypal wouldn't have to make the decision on a dispute, a court could decide - in some cases, or the company dealing with the dispute in other cases. If Paypal were to hold the money it would be in their best interests to have the dispute settled quickly.

A quick decision on the part of paypal to return funds is just that - a quick decision. They are gambling here and win only 50% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MagPie View Post
    i sold something on ebay for $30 and when i tried to reason with the buyer he opened a dispute witch took the $30 out of my account

i know $30 is no big deal but i am glad i found out now instead of later if i make a big purchase

paypal is so concerned for the buyer that they open the door to scamers. I will still use it when there is no other option but never for more then I can afford to lose.
    In my opinion, Paypal never protects anyone, be it a seller or a buyer. They just will resolve issues based on where they will earn more profit on the fees or charges. If you are a seller and it would be more profitable for them to take the side of the buyer because of fees that they can collect from you, then the buyer wins. This is all part of the game that Paypal plays with all of its users.