Thread: Selling limits on ebay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Selling limits on ebay

Ebay started me off with $5,000 selling limit. After 3 months of selling I asked for increase. Ebay took down some of my listings and froze my account for 3 days claiming they want invoices! After conforming my information they reduced my limits to $2,500 and wouldn't return my listings they took down after I provided invoices! I'am already almost at my $2,500 limit and it's only the beginning of March! If I knew they would do that, I would of never called them and just reduced some of my auctions! Opening up a stealth account on ebay seems like a pain, changing ip address, addresses and etc! My wife has a separate ebay account, would ebay shut that down also, if I start selling on her account?

Quote Originally Posted by blmoon41 View Post
    Ebay started me off with $5,000 selling limit. After 3 months of selling I asked for increase. Ebay took down some of my listings and froze my account for 3 days claiming they want invoices! After conforming my information they reduced my limits to $2,500 and wouldn't return my listings they took down after I provided invoices! I'am already almost at my $2,500 limit and it's only the beginning of March! If I knew they would do that, I would of never called them and just reduced some of my auctions! Opening up a stealth account on ebay seems like a pain, changing ip address, addresses and etc! My wife has a separate ebay account, would ebay shut that down also, if I start selling on her account?
    Not sure about the last part. But call them first. Talk to a agent there they're probably the best people to be in contact with over situations like the one you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by blmoon41 View Post
    Chances are quite high as long as they would look at the sudden increase in auctions coming from her account and then would look at the ip addresses and change her selling limits also, if not close it down.

That's actually one of the reasons I don't like eBay so much. I think there are too many loopholes in their processes. I also don't like the selling limits. If my business is really doing well, why put a limit to it? I really don't get that part. I have stopped using eBay after only about 2 months because of these types of complications.

Quote Originally Posted by wander_n_wonder View Post
    That's actually one of the reasons I don't like eBay so much. I think there are too many loopholes in their processes. I also don't like the selling limits. If my business is really doing well, why put a limit to it? I really don't get that part. I have stopped using eBay after only about 2 months because of these types of complications.
    Agreed! The whole process is too buyer oriented and it just dampens your business, they suck!

This really sucks that they would make things so difficult for high volume sellers, what's funny is that they also find ways to penalize sellers who aren't selling enough goods for their liking. I wonder what exactly it would take to, as a seller, NOT be hassled by eBay.

They should not have a selling limit considering a lot of people on eBay sell for a living. It just doesn't make sense.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]