Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal fees are bloody murder

I have one better than that. I sold a car for $200 and they charged me $80! I was so mad! I can't believe they charge so much!

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    I have one better than that. I sold a car for $200 and they charged me $80! I was so mad! I can't believe they charge so much!
    Its unbelievable, they wil literally take almost half of your money!

That's more than 3 %! More like 30 or 40 %! Sometimes I don't get how Paypal transactions actually works. They said they will be taking a small transaction fees, but the truth is they are taking a lot more than they mentioned. They mentioned about taking 5 dollars for verification fees, and then take 1 dollar extra and claimed it's for another kind of fees.

Quote Originally Posted by chadfmga View Post
    Being paying massive fees for years with ebay and paypal and this one beats all off them.sold van for 2800 and buyer paid via paypal. The fee to me just on paypal was 95 for the transaction. ...how do they sleep at night
    That is incredibly high priced for their "share" of the fees, honestly to dodge future fees of that sort from being taken by them, I would move to another group, like Payza or Payloo.

Tell me about it.

I used to sell on ebay durig my spare time and am 'forced' to accept paypal as a payment method because that's what most people want to pay with.

Last month I turned over a total of 5k in sales which generated 500 in fees for ebay and 170 in fees for paypal. My total profit after all this was a measly 180. Needless to say I will finish up my stock and move on.

It really disgusts me to think that ebay and paypal (same parent company) make 4 times more than me from all my hard work. Unfortunately there is not real competition to these sites.

Only thing I can recommend is that people use gumtree or craiglist, and accept payment via bankwire only.

I agree, they take an absurd amount of money..

Wow seriously that is ridiculous they took about 45% of what you made, that is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CeliVega View Post
    That's more than 3 %! More like 30 or 40 %! Sometimes I don't get how Paypal transactions actually works. They said they will be taking a small transaction fees, but the truth is they are taking a lot more than they mentioned. They mentioned about taking 5 dollars for verification fees, and then take 1 dollar extra and claimed it's for another kind of fees.
    Dont get me started on their exchange rates for currencie. The evilest banks dont have rates as bad as those!

That sucks, yes, but it could have been a lot more. They have to make money somehow.

Well I bothered to google how much exactly did Paypal deduct from you, and it's about 3.4%. That's a small amount in general, but if the money transferred is quite big, then I guess that obviously becomes a substantial amount. You should have opted for a bank deposit or cash on meet up instead.