Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal fees are bloody murder

Default Paypal fees are bloody murder

Being paying massive fees for years with ebay and paypal and this one beats all off them.sold van for 2800 and buyer paid via paypal. The fee to me just on paypal was 95 for the transaction. ...how do they sleep at night

Default bloody

I have no idea... however I think that they can cause they are a company that is trying to make a profit. So, well there they do it! I love how you used Bloody murder in your post though! Makes me want to go watch a Rob Zombie movie or video!

Bloody Hell!

~S

Yup, we just gotta deal with it.

I sold 2 consoles recently for little over 200 each and I've gotta pay 46.

That is how PayPal is, very huge fees even if you are transferring a small amount, you will be charged with large transaction fees. I would be checking out other alternatives.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

That's like 3% or something like that. Not that big when you look at the percentage but huge when you check your Paypal account. It would have been awesome if the seller payed in cash since even by using an alternative the commission would have been big.

Guess there's a lesson here, don't use Paypal for expensive transactions.

That is an absolute ridiculous amount of money lol. They should cap it off at like 30$ or something. Taking that much makes people not want to use your business.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    That is an absolute ridiculous amount of money lol. They should cap it off at like 30$ or something. Taking that much makes people not want to use your business.
    It doesn't stop people wanting to use your business because the buyer is not charged this amount. Only the seller.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

Wow, that's a lot! Why is the fee so high?

That's how Paypal makes their money, robbing those trying to make a living. 3% could be a whole lot worse though, so maybe it isn't that bad. It still sucks that we have to go through so many hoops just to use their service.

It doesn't sound like much, but it can really add up. I guess they have to make money somehow, though.