Thread: Permanently locked Account

Question Permanently locked Account

Last year I got my Paypal account permanently locked. Since I use other payment processors too I just left the locked account that way and went on with my life. Now I'm in need of a Paypal account again so I opened another one. Thing is my card is still locked to the old account and I cannot use it in the new one.

How should I go about this, any advice?

Exactly what do you mean by "permanently locked" though? Some mentioned about how their account is locked, but they can still access their account to edit some details, but is unable to perform any form of new transactions. If you can do this, you can remove your cards or delete your old account I guess.

Or are you saying that you can't even log in as well? Well if that's the case, have you ever considered contacting their customer services? See if they could remove your card so that you can add it to your new account. Exactly how did an account got "permanently locked" anyway?

You should be able to access your account to remove the card.

Why did you get locked in the first place ? If its something bad then they can freeze your next account too!

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Why did you get locked in the first place ? If its something bad then they can freeze your next account too!
    Was wondering the same thing. I think it's best if you try and change the details of your old account first and then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfox View Post
    Last year I got my Paypal account permanently locked. Since I use other payment processors too I just left the locked account that way and went on with my life. Now I'm in need of a Paypal account again so I opened another one. Thing is my card is still locked to the old account and I cannot use it in the new one.

How should I go about this, any advice?
    I would actually contact Paypal and say you have no intention of using your old account as it has been locked so they no longer need your cards details and if they refuse to remove your cards details (which is illegal by the way) then I would threaten them with legal action.

What was the main reason why your account was locked? I think they did not re;ease your card they do not want you to create another account with it. You must have violated some serious policies to the an account locked completely.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

When you say that your account was "locked", do you mean that it's limited? If that's the case, then I suggest that you just try to verify it using a debit card, because until you are verified or the limitation has been lifted, then you can't use your old Paypal account.

I'm not sure what you mean by your old account being "locked" but you could try logging into it or even phoning paypal up to try and get your card removed from it so you can make a new one.