Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Prepaid debit card is stealing my money.

You should definitely look at the account history and figure out what is going on. This is really bizarre, and it does look like somebody else is probably involved in the situation. Checking with family members is also good advice.

Maybe PayPal is charging you each transaction made. Or maybe someone else in your family is using that card.

It sounds like they made some sort of error on their side, I doubt if someone hacked your account that they'd put $2000 on the card first. They probably take fees off the card's transactions as well. I never trusted paypal enough to take out the credit card. You're going to have to fight with them hard so that it doesn't mess up your credit score in the long run. This isn't something worth giving up against them since it'll destroy your credit score if you don't get it sorted out.

With all the ad experiences I have had with PayPal, I would not got for their prepaid debit card. I know everything related to PayPal is just trouble.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

It looks like you need to call their customer service and inquire about the actual balance on your card. Check if they charge any fee monthly or any other extra fee every time you use the debit card. It might be a good idea to just get a debit card from your bank, at least they are more approachable if you have issues.

Check and make sure nobody has been using your card, or your account for that matter. PayPal does a lot of messed up things but I'm sure someone else has a hand in your card and money and it isn't PayPal.

Contact paypal to see what's going on. It could either be an error on their part or someone's been using your card.

Default Wow

Thats really bad I hope you got your money back.

It sounds like there may be a couple of problems here.

The first is the few dollars that seem to go missing from your card when you make a transaction. I do not know if this is the case, but a lot of prepaid cards charge a transaction fee when you use them. This would have been clearly laid out (in ultra fine print) when you got the card initially.

The second issue sounds like a typo in your favor temporarily. Either someone typed in the wrong account information or forgot a decimal place $20.00 vs. $2000. Either way, they probably recognized the error and corrected it.

What you need to do is to take a good look at your statement and see if any of the transactions are wrong or not yours. Contact Paypal immediately if they are not yours. Also, take a look at your cardholder agreement for any mention of fees.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    With all the ad experiences I have had with PayPal, I would not got for their prepaid debit card. I know everything related to PayPal is just trouble.
    Yeah I cimpletely agree, I only had bad experiences with it as with everything PayPal.