Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Prepaid debit card is stealing my money.

Default Paypal Prepaid debit card is stealing my money.

I have two of Paypals Prepaid Mastercards, and those things are scams. Every time that I do an instant transfer from my Paypal account I get a few dollars less than what I transferred. The card is always showing the wrong balance. Last night the online balance statement on one of my said that there was $2000 on it. Even though I never put more than $300 dollars on the card at one time. I stop at McDonalds to buy a coffee this morning, and my card is declined?
    I hate you Paypal!.
    It's just business!

You might want to make sure nobody else is using your card or account. This is really strange, even for Paypal. Definitely make sure your account is yours, I don't think this is Paypal doing it.

This is pretty strange. I haven't experienced anything like this with my paypal card. You should definitely make them aware of the problem. You never know if someone got a hold of your account.

That is strange. I only use the debit card through PayPal, and have never purchased the prepaid card. Sounds like a lot of people are having problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle910 View Post
    I have two of Paypals Prepaid Mastercards, and those things are scams. Every time that I do an instant transfer from my Paypal account I get a few dollars less than what I transferred. The card is always showing the wrong balance. Last night the online balance statement on one of my said that there was $2000 on it. Even though I never put more than $300 dollars on the card at one time. I stop at McDonalds to buy a coffee this morning, and my card is declined?
    I hate you Paypal!.
    It seems to me that there is something seriously wrong with that service of theirs, I would turn about and actually ask them to fix it as that is a major problem that should be dealt with immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tersuss View Post
    It seems to me that there is something seriously wrong with that service of theirs, I would turn about and actually ask them to fix it as that is a major problem that should be dealt with immediately.
    Agreed! Its a big problem and PayPal should be avoided until they fix this!

I hate you Paypal!.
    Honestly, what I would do in your case is completely remove all debit cards and let a few months pass before connecting another one. I think there's a huge confusion in your account. After you've removed your debit cards, make a formal complaint to Paypal and constantly follow it up until it has been fully resolved.

I hate you Paypal!.
    It sounds like they may have your account number mixed up with someone else. If you've never deposited more than $300 in the account then all of a sudden there is $2000 one day - there was likely an error on their end. I've had this happen to me at banks, where the teller keyed in the wrong account number when someone was making a deposit, and accidentally deposited it into my account.

As for the decline, that could have happened for a variety of reasons. Perhaps they caught the error and put your account on hold while they fixed it. Or they may have been doing some temporary upgrades that made all accounts unavailable (this has happened to me before with Paypal). In addition, some companies will automatically reject a card after a certain number of attempts, as a security measure.

One grocery store I shop at has some weird policy where they won't let a cashier charge the same amount to a credit card twice in a row. I tried to buy a second bottle of something one time, right after I had purchased the first one, and it declined it even though the funds were on the card. It wasn't a Paypal issue, but rather a store policy.

Also, just glancing over the terms for the prepaid PayPal card, that is kind of a ripoff. Unless you keep a balance of at least 5 grand in there, they are charging you about 6 percent of your balance each month in fees. Just get a PayPal debit card instead, which has no fees. When you want to load it up with money, get one of those PayPal card readers for your phone (which are free) and charge yourself from your primary bank account - that fee is only 2.75% instead of the 6% you are paying now. Plus it will drop down to around 1.75% if you get the purchase bonuses with it.

Check what has been paid with the card. If it is something that you didn't buy, contact Paypal. Probably someone else is using the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Check what has been paid with the card. If it is something that you didn't buy, contact Paypal. Probably someone else is using the card.
    Yeah! Check with your family members and see whats up.