Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am scared and need help

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    I completely agree with this. I'm really sorry to say it but you aren't old enough to even start an account. As soon as they ask for your information (which they will) you are screwed.
    As others have said, you have trapped yourself here. Unless you get really, really lucky, you are 100% screwed. Maybe leave it be until you turn 18? That's the only way I see your account surviving this.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian111 View Post
    Hello, i'm going to start out by saying i'm scared.
    i am a 17 year old guy who had opened a paypal account in order to start accepting money for the minor website services i do and the servers that i run.
    my account today was put into limited mode.
    i don't know if it can escalate from here, or if there is anything i can do because i am under age.
    i have transferred what was left in my account (all of 70$) to my bank account so if it does get closed down, i shouldn't lose that money. however i won't breathe a sigh of relief until my transfer completes and a 150$ i made for an electronic is completed on the 4th.

what should i do?
    is there anything i can do?
    what will happen to the processing payment i made to the ebay customer?

please help i am secretly really scared.
    I'm going to be a bit more realistic in comparison to all the other people telling you that you are screwed because you're probably not.

First of all, now you have withdrawn all of your money, it's fine, they won't be coming back for anything.
    Secondly, the payment you have made should go through fine. Just because they limited your account, doesn't mean a transaction in the pipeline will be cancelled or anything like that.
    Finally, in terms of verifying your account, you can't. Just wait until you are 18 and when that day comes, you can verify your account with details that will be legal due to you now being 18.

Let me also remind you that you have had your bank account on there already right? If they looked into the details of your bank, they would see that you're underage. But they haven't.

There is nothing to be scared about, just the fact that you may not be able to use Paypal properly again until you're 18.

Hi I am sorry you are scared, but you have to be 18 according to their terms of service. When you signed up for your account you had to certify you were 18 years old. Because you lied about your age, and it sounds like they found out, they will freeze your account. You have to hope they wait until you are 18 years old. Do not do anymore transactions, just leave the account alone. Hopefully once you are 18 years old you can start doing transactions again. This is when you could withdraw the monies from your account.

If they do checking into your account they may take the funds from you and it would all be legal. You don't really have a leg to stand on if they take your funds, because you broke the contract by not telling the truth. But like I said, do no more transactions, it is ok to have a balance of zero and not do transactions for several month..that has happened to me several times over the past 11 years of having a paypal account and they don't close your account or anything. Wait until you turn 18--how long before you are 18?
    Last edited by daleo717; 03-07-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Firstly please put yourself at ease. The most they can do is limit your account and you will not be thrown into jail or anything.

Try closing that account if you can and create a new one when you reach 18. I think it's highly unlikely that they will be returning your money, because they clearly stated that people under 18 are not allowed to use Paypal and the more you dig into it, the more trouble they might be causing for you because they have the high ground in this case as you violated one of their policy. So just think of it as a lesson, an expensive lesson, and see if you could create a new paypal account in the future or find alternatives to paypal.

Sadly this is all your own screw up. Everyone knows for the most part you have to be 18 to join. If they limited your account there is not a single thing that you can do unless they allow you to remove the money to your bank account.

Probably it is about that you lied about your age. Had you verified the account? If so there might be some inconsistencies with the details you provided. Try contacting them and if they can help you out.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

You're better off having a PayPal account in your parents name for future transactions if large amounts of money are being exchanged.

Goodluck having it unlimited, However my account became limited using eBay as it was a new account, and it took 2 months to remove funds.

Quote Originally Posted by autograph View Post
    First of all, you have lied about your age to sign up for PayPal. This may not look good for you because they have a probable cause (a strong one) as you violate their TOS. For now, just withdraw whatever amount you are allowed to and hope for the best.
    Exactly, these people will literally jump down the neck of anything that even slightly looks like it breaks their TOS they have no policy for people who break them, to be honest you were lucky you didn't just get your assets frozen and your account permanently locked.

Hopefully everything will go fine with the transfer that is pending. As many have stated you are too young to have a paypal account and it could complicate matters.

Fortunately for you you are too young and it should complicate matters for paypal. You will have to get your parents to help, but you are not legally old enough to enter into a contract and can not be bound to Paypal's terms. (Stupid legal glitch in my opinion). Even if Paypal holds some funds - which it shouldn't based on what you have said - you should be able to get your money eventually.

I would just be honest. You're only 17, you have the rest of your life to make financial mistakes...don't start now. Explain to Paypal that you are only 17 and why you opened the account. But yes, withdraw all money immediately.