Thread: Ebay is screwing with me

Default Ebay is screwing with me

I have been a ebay seller since 2003. I have a ebay shop, have 100% feedback. I asked ebay to increase my allowance, even though they are making lot of money from me instead of increasing my allowance they actually reduced it so i can not load any items. I don't know what to do.

Try to contact their customer service to help you rectifying this issue. I hope this is just an honest mistake on their part. If they refused to help you, I guess it is time to move on to another similar site. You would not want to get involved any longer with a company that does not give a squat about customer loyalty with good feedbacks.

eBay is definitely just screwing with you, wow. The only thing I can suggest is trying a different service or asking to go back to your previous allowance. It's an old strategy where they make you appreciate what you have, its somewhat unethical but it works. You can also try calling them and speaking to a manager or threatening to close your shop. Best of luck to you!

I do not know how they benefit in this situation from just 'screwing with you'. In fact, they immensely benefit by not doing so. That's pretty strange. I hope it was as someone else suggested and they accidentally did the wrong thing.
    Contacting a real live person is a lot more help than emailed conversations. I prefer it when there is a big issue like this. I'd take that advice.

Call ebay first and explain to them what happened. It could have been a honest mistake they can reverse. And it's easier to call and talk then to not call them and email and get screwed by a automated machine.

Quote Originally Posted by autograph View Post
    Try to contact their customer service to help you rectifying this issue. I hope this is just an honest mistake on their part. If they refused to help you, I guess it is time to move on to another similar site. You would not want to get involved any longer with a company that does not give a squat about customer loyalty with good feedbacks.
    Definitely think you should contact them ASAP. Sounds like they just made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by boricapr View Post
    I have been a ebay seller since 2003. I have a ebay shop, have 100% feedback. I asked ebay to increase my allowance, even though they are making lot of money from me instead of increasing my allowance they actually reduced it so i can not load any items. I don't know what to do.
    did you try calling and speaking to them... I'm sure if you explain to someone something can be done.

By allowance, do you mean selling limits? That's terrible.
    I've never heard of eBay lowering someone's selling limits because they make more money if you sell more items.

It might be a mistake. You should call customer service and politely explain that you think your selling limit was lowered in error. Good luck.

They won't let you sell more items? I wonder why? That doesn't make sense. Have you tried calling them? If you have an established account and good feedback, they should want you to sell more.

That's e-bay, you should leave them if it gets worse. It's a scam website for sellers and buyers and employees alike.