Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Payments wants A state issued ID.

They have to do it to prove your identity. This only happens because so many people have been untrustworthy in the past. Amazon is a respectable, well-known company. You should be fine.

I think it is just one of their requirements that they need to verify your identity. Personally I am not also comfortable with them asking so much information but it is their company policy you just have to agree to it.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I don't know why you would want to bypass this. It's a security measure... Things like that are there to protect you.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I completely understand. I had the exact same issue with Amazon payments.I use Amazons Mechanical Turk, and as you know they pay through amazon payments.

You can't transfer the money to your bank account unless you enter a State Issued ID. I elected to skip this, and use my Amazon payments balance as a gift-card for online purchases.

There is no way around it. Eventually they will demand it regardless of what you do.

The bigger and more prominent a company is, the more identity requirement they will have. It's understandable since such a big and well-known company wouldn't want to take on risk and would want to fully comply with regulations. That being said, the benefit of such a company is that they are so well-known and stable that you won't ever need to worry about not getting your payments on time.

Isn't it better to give your State-issued ID number rather than your SSI number? There honestly isn't that much that can be done with your State-issued ID number I would think as opposed to your SSI. On top of that - you're giving them your bank account routing number... If you're willing to give them that than what is the big deal really?

I think you cannot bypass this security measure. They have the right to demand proof of your authenticity in their Terms and Conditions. I think it is somewhat safe to disclose this information to Amazon. At least they have a good track record.