Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Payments wants A state issued ID.

Default Amazon Payments wants A state issued ID.

Has anyone here ever successfully added a bank account to Amazon Payments without giving them your drivers license number? I do not feel comfortable giving them so much information. Anyone know a way around it?

If I recalled correctly, there is nothing you can do to bypass this requirement. This is one of the issue with these services nowadays. I feel the information they asked is always too private. For this same reason, I usually changed my mind on registering on the services; just like you, I am uncomfortable putting so much of my personal information for them.

There isn't much you can about it, it isn't that huge of a deal to me at least. They aren't going to do anything horrible with information, other than keep it on file to make sure you have one account. They do this to stop those who are limited or removed from making more accounts. If you don't feel right giving them your information then don't, to each their own.

Maybe they will settle for a passport? Not sure. If they want the information to be able to pay you, it is probably to cover their behinds, so I'm not sure why it should be an issue. They won't just take your SS#?

I, personally, would not want to give them my SSI either. I understand the OPs frustration with this. All kinds of systems are being hacked into in this day and age. If I can I would like to afford the least amount of information possible to any company asking.

Have you tried contacting their Customer Service? I find them super helpful. If they can't help you bypass it they will surely make you seem cared for as a customer with other offerings.

I understand how you feel, but there is nothing that you can do. If you want to add a bank account you have to give Amazon your State issued ID number. I once tried to bypass this same requirement, but you can't. I eventually gave it to them, and i haven't had any issues so far.
    It's just business!

I too greatly dislike having to give personal information like that to any company, but Amazon is one of the few I would make an exception for. If you're serious about selling there it's something to deal with I guess. I recommend that communicating to see if other options may be available is a good idea.

You can also try contacting them, maybe there's a workaround. It sucks having to enter so much information online but this is the trend and it's only getting worse. At least Paypal handles our money, some other companies that request private information, like Google for example, are mere service providers.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything to worry about, just enter the info if you cannot proceed any other way.

Go to an actual bank, they'll require it also. Ever go to some stores to buy something and pay by check? Where I work we need a driver's license or state ID. With that ID we type it into our register/computer that is now on our online database to confirm that you are you. They need the ID to confirm you are you. And not a person faking a account.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac9100 View Post
    Has anyone here ever successfully added a bank account to Amazon Payments without giving them your drivers license number? I do not feel comfortable giving them so much information. Anyone know a way around it?
    Nope I even got a phone call from them asking me whenever I was going to give them my drivers license or passport, when I turned about and asked them if there was any particular way of bypassing that as a result of me not trusting giving anyone that information, they then got rude and hung up on me.