Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So pissed at Paypal!

I am sorry to hear that. Seems like the guy is just a scammer. You should contact him again and verify this issue. If he does not admit that he received the funds, it is time for you to deal with PayPal customer service. You must emphasis on the fact that your item never arrived. Hopefully they can work something out for you.

Attempt to contact the seller, looks like you didn't even bother talking to him once. If the seller doesn't comply and sell you the item then you should probably talk to PayPal and get this issue resolved. There is no reason for them to not help you.

Yeh, you can't record someone without telling them first. It is illegal and inadmissible in court.

Sorry to hear this happened! I hope it gets resolved. The world is full of scammers these days unfortunately!

Isn't there a rule about not canceling something until the money is in order? I recall I had an issue on eBay with a seller that had the crappiest attitude. I wasn't interested in dealing with them so I made sure the refund was back to me before canceling. In fact, the seller told ME I should just cancel first. But after calling eBay, that was not happening. Seems like a bad rating was something more to fear than keeping a lousy ten dollars.

The recording thing is illegal in a lot of countries so you might have to look if that is illegal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaynoway View Post
    Last summer I purchased an item off ebay for 27.25. After seeing the payment had come out of my bank and I e-mailed the seller, he said he had received the money. However the payment never cleared in my bank as it got rejected. I contacted the seller and he said that he would get back to me hasn't. I cancelled the item . Meanwhile my paypal account is in arrears and this was confirmed today as the seller has been paid by them. I haven't received anything and I owe paypal the money whilst the dodgy seller gets off scot free and has 27.25 pounds to his name. I have his number still so may phone him as now I have evidence that he received the money. What to do ?
    Phone the man and calmly ask him to send the item as you have proof that the money has been transferred to his account and that the item that you bought should be mailed to immediately, otherwise Pursue Paypal for the money to be returned.

More than likely when you first contacted the seller, the payment was showing as paid in his MY EBAY. But after the payment was rejected by the bank (your fault, not his) it changed and showed that it wasn't paid. Paypal will repeatedly try to run it through until it clears, meanwhile no doubt causing NSF fees to pile up in your account (once again, your fault not his). If the money ended up being put in the sellers account, he would then have it show as okay to ship the item. If he doesn't ship, you need to file an item not received case, and you will get your money back. If too much time has passed, you need to make note of that and be more careful in the future.

That's awful! I have had a similar experience with eBay and Paypal years back. i order an item, paid, and never got what I purchased. It was a total rip off! I didn't know what to do to get a refund and I ended up losing the money. I've been really careful about online purchases ever since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaynoway View Post
    Last summer I purchased an item off ebay for 27.25. After seeing the payment had come out of my bank and I e-mailed the seller, he said he had received the money. However the payment never cleared in my bank as it got rejected. I contacted the seller and he said that he would get back to me hasn't. I cancelled the item . Meanwhile my paypal account is in arrears and this was confirmed today as the seller has been paid by them. I haven't received anything and I owe paypal the money whilst the dodgy seller gets off scot free and has 27.25 pounds to his name. I have his number still so may phone him as now I have evidence that he received the money. What to do ?
    Wow, this is ridiculous. I wonder why paypal confirmed the sale without really asking you at all. It seems like you were trying to pay through your bank account, and when that didn't go through paypal just decided to charge you on its own? That is wrong on so many levels.