Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So pissed at Paypal!

Default So pissed at Paypal!

Last summer I purchased an item off ebay for 27.25. After seeing the payment had come out of my bank and I e-mailed the seller, he said he had received the money. However the payment never cleared in my bank as it got rejected. I contacted the seller and he said that he would get back to me hasn't. I cancelled the item . Meanwhile my paypal account is in arrears and this was confirmed today as the seller has been paid by them. I haven't received anything and I owe paypal the money whilst the dodgy seller gets off scot free and has 27.25 pounds to his name. I have his number still so may phone him as now I have evidence that he received the money. What to do ?

Record his voice saying that he got the payment and then sue him. This happened to my father once and he outsmarted him by recording his voice. I swear people these days are thieves man.

Sorry dude, get on the phone and try to talk it out to customer service. Make sure you mention you never received the item.

Quote Originally Posted by NeroFerk View Post
    Record his voice saying that he got the payment and then sue him. This happened to my father once and he outsmarted him by recording his voice. I swear people these days are thieves man.
    This but I do warn you, you must warn them at one point that you are recording them depending on the place you live. Where I live you have to inform the person you are recording them at all times.

The recording ideea seems good. But be careful, they may think of that as well. Besides that, customer service is also an idea.

This is illegal in a lot of countries so I don't know if this is the best move.

I would try to contact Paypal and explain the situation. Or file you never received the item.

Perfect. It is LEGAL AND YOUR FEDERAL RIGHT to record (whether video or audio) any situation that you are personally involved in even without consent. It is a common misconception that you need someone's permission.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    This is illegal in a lot of countries so I don't know if this is the best move.

I would try to contact Paypal and explain the situation. Or file you never received the item.
    I think this is the best way to go. You could get in trouble yourself for recording without consent. You could check if it is legal in your area to do so, but I would just be on the phone to contact Paypal themselves. Cut out the middleman, really.

I have never heard about the evidence where you record a person's voice. Sorry about your situation. Sometimes you can never be sure about your buyers online.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

How did you contact the seller? If it was through the website than customer service should be able to see the messages in which he said he got the money. If that is the case than you should be refunded, if not than try customer service or the recording idea. That can be illegal in some places but occasionally a threat is enough to get them to send the money back, best of luck!