Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal; a scammers paradise

Just read around this board and you'll understand why scammers are attracted to Paypal like flies to s#$@. They have many systems in place that unintentionally favor the dishonest instead of the honest and that attracts the less desirable types since it's easy to game people.

Plus, we talk about Craigslist, that place is full of dubious stuff and people all the time, so no wonder most were trying to scam you. Good thing you saw through them!
    Last edited by greenfox; 02-28-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProXI11 View Post
    Selling my bike on Craigslist, have received more contacts from thieves using PayPal scams than I've had from actual interested buyers. This happens every time I use Craigslist. I sent PayPal a complaint and have received only their automatic BS reply that doesn't address the problem in the least. I'll never accept anything from PayPal.Seems like Paypal is for scammers only.
    I understand your concern, but because PayPal is such an international and extensively popular payment method, scammers will capitalize on this. Just be cautious with anything marked "PayPal".

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    There are always going to be scammers no matter what platform you are using. If there is money involved, then there are scammers involved.
    This is an eternally true and valid statement. Once money comes into play, scamming will surface. PayPal deals with money. If I were unscrupulous and I realized I could use a "name brand" to make some financial claims, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    If you make noise, they will try to avoid the scam. If they scammed you, just talk with them for 2 hours and tell them you'll sue them. Show them the proofs and they'll give you the money back; they might even give you a bonus!
    PayPal doesn't scam period...PERIOD. I am not being biased by the way.

PayPal really is a safe haven for scammers. There are so many working schemes and ways of tricking the system that it is not even funny. This forces the online stores and merchants to be extra careful as a charge back can happen any second. Some of the merchants have safety nets that give proof of the deal but people who are doing personal deals got it the worst. If anyone charge backs you, chances are you lost your money.

Honestly, the Internet as a whole is a scammer's paradise. It's unfortunate, really.

Selling my bike on Craigslist, have received more contacts from thieves using PayPal scams than I've had from actual interested buyers. This happens every time I use Craigslist. I sent PayPal a complaint and have received only their automatic BS reply that doesn't address the problem in the least. I'll never accept anything from PayPal.Seems like Paypal is for scammers only.
    There are a lot of people using Paypal for scams mainly because the entire Paypal system and process has a lot of loopholes. Also, the fact that their customer service is so bad makes scammers think that they will not get caught anyway. I really think this is a big issue that Paypal needs to pay attention to. In the long run, they will lose business because of this kind of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    PayPal doesn't scam period...PERIOD. I am not being biased by the way.
    They dont scam you but they make the situation for you to be scammed! Not enough protection!

There are people who are scammers, although some are honest people specially buyers and some seller who transact with paypal. I blame e-bay for buying out paypal and using the system to scam people with e-bay and paypal. Well there are people who are full of it.