Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal; a scammers paradise

Default Paypal; a scammers paradise

Selling my bike on Craigslist, have received more contacts from thieves using PayPal scams than I've had from actual interested buyers. This happens every time I use Craigslist. I sent PayPal a complaint and have received only their automatic BS reply that doesn't address the problem in the least. I'll never accept anything from PayPal.Seems like Paypal is for scammers only.

Paypal didn't scamed me but I heared some stories, I try to stay away from it as much as I can but sometimes it's the only way of getting something. Be very careful on who are you dealing with.

I have had more positive experiences with Paypal than bad, but the bad turned me off from accepting it as payment for many things So many scams out there!

There are always going to be scammers no matter what platform you are using. If there is money involved, then there are scammers involved.

Careful when making transactions on PayPal because sometimes you might deliver the product or service and then the buyer files a refund claiming that you have not delivered. It once happened to me.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    Careful when making transactions on PayPal because sometimes you might deliver the product or service and then the buyer files a refund claiming that you have not delivered. It once happened to me.
    To you and to a lot of other people!

You need to get tracking and a signature with the postage.

Do you hear yourself ranting? You have a problem with Craigslist and you are complaining about Paypal! That's just ridiculous.

I only use Paypal for places I know will be guaranted such as sizable businesses online, I've had more good experiences than bad but it is still enough to make me careful while dealing with Paypal. I don't accept anything other than cash or trade on Craigslist items, it's too easy to be scammed that way.

If you make noise, they will try to avoid the scam. If they scammed you, just talk with them for 2 hours and tell them you'll sue them. Show them the proofs and they'll give you the money back; they might even give you a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by firestarian View Post
    I only use Paypal for places I know will be guaranted such as sizable businesses online, I've had more good experiences than bad but it is still enough to make me careful while dealing with Paypal. I don't accept anything other than cash or trade on Craigslist items, it's too easy to be scammed that way.
    Very good way to look at it and I am the same. I tend to only use Paypal nowadays when I really require it and most of the time it is only with reputable companies.