Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money Back Guarantee is not Guaranteed

Ok, so Paypal does not side with the buyer all the time, I thought that they always side with the buyer no matter what. You did a clever thing, and good thing that you got your money back. Paypal is so unethical considering that they're a huge company.

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted114 View Post
    Recently I purchased a Leica lens for US$ 1,125.00 and when the lens arrived was in poor condition, so I tried to return the lens. After resolution with the seller failed I tried over PayPal over MBG and PP denied it because I used BillMeLater, so my purchase was not covered. I had to threaten the seller with small claim court and then he refunded my money, with absolutely no help of PP. The General Attorney should take a closer look at PPs practice.
    I agree. People should initiate suit so that there would be jurisprudence.

These guarantees are just words to make the users feel safe. When the time comes to honor them most companies show you the small print and somehow manage to screw the customer. Even more so when money is involved like it happened here with Paypal. Still, glad you managed to get things sorted out even if you had to push the seller by yourself.

As for the general attorney, Paypal has too much money to get into trouble. Just look at what happened with the banks in the economic collapse. Did anyone get punished?

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Well if your purchase wasn't covered then there isn't really much more to say about it. If you read the terms and found this out prior, then really you wouldn't have anything to complain about now.
    I agree with this. You should always check what you're getting into before you make a purchase online, especially with paypal considering how crappy they are. At least it got sorted out in the end even if it wasn't in the way you wanted.

I've never actually used the "Bill Me Later" option, so I am not familiar with how it works, but I am under the impression it is not an official PayPal offering but rather some third party company they partnered with to offer an additional payment option. They probably get a kickback for generating leads to BillMeLater at checkout time - which in turn creates a nightmare for the consumer when they need to dispute charges, since all parties involved start playing hot potato with the issue.

This is what drives me nuts with PayPal, they interfere with transactions more than assist them in many cases. Not only are you dealing with the sellers terms and conditions, but you are also dealing with PayPal's as well which may or may not contradict some of the sellers terms and you can never get a clean answer as to who is responsible at any given point during the problem. When I used other online credit card processing companies such as Authorize.net. I never had this many problems. They should roll out a more consumer friendly option similar to PayPal - they've been around longer and should know the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted114 View Post
    Recently I purchased a Leica lens for US$ 1,125.00 and when the lens arrived was in poor condition, so I tried to return the lens. After resolution with the seller failed I tried over PayPal over MBG and PP denied it because I used BillMeLater, so my purchase was not covered. I had to threaten the seller with small claim court and then he refunded my money, with absolutely no help of PP. The General Attorney should take a closer look at PPs practice.
    Disgusting how many scammers are out there! I really hope you get your money back. It sucks that Paypal never cares about the truth, only what the easiest outcome for them is.

I'm sorry to hear about you're experience but I'm glad you got it handled. PayPal hardly ever participates in any issues their customers have.