Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Back Guarantee is not Guaranteed

Default Money Back Guarantee is not Guaranteed

Recently I purchased a Leica lens for US$ 1,125.00 and when the lens arrived was in poor condition, so I tried to return the lens. After resolution with the seller failed I tried over PayPal over MBG and PP denied it because I used BillMeLater, so my purchase was not covered. I had to threaten the seller with small claim court and then he refunded my money, with absolutely no help of PP. The General Attorney should take a closer look at PPs practice.

Well if your purchase wasn't covered then there isn't really much more to say about it. If you read the terms and found this out prior, then really you wouldn't have anything to complain about now.

I'm sure they've got themselves covered in the fine print, a juggernaut company like Paypal would not leave any loose ends, you also could have tried working with the site you bought it through if you used one. Ebay and Amazon have both been very helpful in assiting me with disputes with sellers. Regardless I'm glad you got your money back!

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Well if your purchase wasn't covered then there isn't really much more to say about it. If you read the terms and found this out prior, then really you wouldn't have anything to complain about now.
    I know that this is true but same time no need to sound like an asshole. How often do you read the terms to everything.. I highly doubt you do. As there TOS are long as hell.

That's just what they do though. They hide it in those little terms that 95% of us don't read and then when we have a problem they tell us it was in the terms. Scam.

That is ridiculous with how much they push that Bill Me Later on you at checkout. They practically beg you do, and should definitely offer the same protection for Bill Me Later transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    I agree with this. It is a bit of a pain but I think that is the risk you have to take with online shopping. The damage actually may have taken place whilst it was being delivered to you.

They can not hold you to the T.O.S. unless a normal person would agree to such a statement. This is a law made to protect people from getting suckered into fine print.

Nothing is ever guaranteed with the cons that are Paypal and Ebay. The amount you lost is pretty large. I advise perusing justice in a small claims court.

I'm so glad to hear that this ended up resolved well even though Paypal was of little help with the matter. The last time I ordered with Bill Me Later there was an option for Google protection (since the seller was authorized under Google Shopping) it's important to always get some form of protection.