Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal Promise Refund If Items Returned... Then Change Their Minds!

This is really absurd. I think what they are doing is pretty illegal. Please contact their customer service and demand to speak with the higher ups. Do not give up until they could resolve this for you. If contacting them is getting you nowhere, you might want to pursue legal action against them.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear them "played" you like that. I knew they were crooks but I had no idea things were so bad! This is something that could be taken to the police or taken legal action against at all is documented.

Wow I can't believe they would do that. Assure them that the tracking number you sent is legitimate and that they received the item. Did you have them sign for the item to confirm they received it? Perhaps they paid Paypal off, they are nothing more than crooks nowadays.

Do you have any updates on this issue? I'm thinking about requesting a refund from PayPal but I don't know exactly how this works and if it's really possible. I paid by debit card through PayPal, which I did not even know was an option. I'm not sure who is responsible to assist me in case there are problems: My bank or paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    So I bought a set of printer cartridges from (The Printer Toner Company) and three of the cartridges did not work - two were bust and the other was for a different printer. Having complained to the supplier and heard nothing I opened a dispute and then a claim through PayPal.
    As a result, PayPal promised to refund the full amount (120) if I returned the cartridges at my own cost(!) and gave them a tracking number.

Now, to make this absolutely watertight, I bought ConnectPlus tracking postage via PayPal and sent them all the information (tracking number / company / PayPal transaction id for the postage).
    Today the tracking on the ConnectPlus confirmed the supplier has received the toner cartridges.
    Two hours later PayPal emailed to say the tracking information was invalid and I will receive no refund.

WHAT???? How is this possible? There is no 'appeal' in the PayPal resolution centre. It's just a closed case!
    To put it bluntly they reserve the right to not have to explain themselves and or the right to change their minds also without having to give any particular reason as to why they did change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tersuss View Post
    To put it bluntly they reserve the right to not have to explain themselves and or the right to change their minds also without having to give any particular reason as to why they did change their minds.
    Do you find this reasonable? Because it's not! You should be given the right to receive at least some explanation as to why they made this or that decision. And most of all, you should have the right to contact someone over the issue and be able to state your case.

Why isn't the company issuing you a refund, why are you asking paypal to do it? That could possibly be the problem, maybe the company DID issue a refund already.

This is strange. I have always assumed that PayPal is very buyer biased. You should call the PayPal representative and tell your case. I am sure you can sort this out.

Default I had the same problem

Yes I had the same problem contact Paypal immediately.

What? That is ridiculous! Contact paypal immediately and ask them to explain why they've done this. It's absurd that this is even happening to start with.