Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal Promise Refund If Items Returned... Then Change Their Minds!

Default PayPal Promise Refund If Items Returned... Then Change Their Minds!

So I bought a set of printer cartridges from (The Printer Toner Company) and three of the cartridges did not work - two were bust and the other was for a different printer. Having complained to the supplier and heard nothing I opened a dispute and then a claim through PayPal.
    As a result, PayPal promised to refund the full amount (120) if I returned the cartridges at my own cost(!) and gave them a tracking number.

Now, to make this absolutely watertight, I bought ConnectPlus tracking postage via PayPal and sent them all the information (tracking number / company / PayPal transaction id for the postage).
    Today the tracking on the ConnectPlus confirmed the supplier has received the toner cartridges.
    Two hours later PayPal emailed to say the tracking information was invalid and I will receive no refund.

WHAT???? How is this possible? There is no 'appeal' in the PayPal resolution centre. It's just a closed case!

What??? This is really unbelievable. Contact them via phone immediately!! If they dotn cooperate you can take legal action!

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    What??? This is really unbelievable. Contact them via phone immediately!! If they dotn cooperate you can take legal action!

Exactly contact them ASAP. I feel though you should wait till the end to threatin legal action because if that is the first thing you say they might hang up which they are known for.

Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. Contact paypal support immediately. If they give you the run around try to talk to a manager. If not get a hold of your lawyer immediately!

I would call them and complain. That is ridiculous! Maybe you can file a small claim against them. That is terrible!

Whaaaaaat! I would flip ****! That sucks dude. I would call, complain, and if no resolve sue them. If you got the messages you can use it against it.

Did you contact them ? What did they say, what happenned?

I have never heard of this happening I am sure a quick phone call with a customer service rep will have everything solved in no time.

That's really strange. Are you sure you read the first statement correctly? Didn't they just say they were investigating IF they were going to give your money back?

That's very odd. You should contact paypal immediately and try to make use of every available dispute system they have. File another case. If all else fails, you can always resort to litigation. Hire a good lawyer or if you have a family lawyer or friends who can file a case against paypal then do so. You shouldn't allow them to treat you unfairly after promising to pay you back, use the letter they sent you or any eveidence that they promised to refund your money against them.