Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't add a debit account. Help!

One of the reasons this could happen is when your debit card does not have the visa or mastercard logo, meaning it's not an international debit card. Most of the international debit cards also have the CSC number at the back. You may want to inquire from your bank on how you can convert you account to international.

I do not know what you are talking about. credit, and debit cards are the same thing. The only difference is one has a credit line, and the other is pay as you go. You can easily use your debit card at your bank account. Just put the debit cards routing number in when Paypal asks for your bank routing number. You can also add your debit card to your Paypal account. It is the same process as registering a credit card. You are mistaken. Debit cards do have expiration dates, and the 3 digit CVC number.
    It's just business!

Quote Originally Posted by janineaa View Post
    Hi,

I recently created my own paypal account because it said that I can use a debit card or local bank account. I don't have my own credit card that's why. There's no feature where I can include the local bank account/debit card, only the credit card. And debit cards don't have that CSC number or expiration date. Confusing! I have no idea how it works. Help, please! Thanks!
    You have to use a Visa or Master Card debit card, cause those act like credit cards.

Because I am new to Paypal, I haven't experienced anything bad yet. But with all the comments, I will definitely keep a heads up just in case I get into trouble as well.

I have also experienced the same problem with PayPal. I used a MasterCard and unfortunately am unable to connect it to the account. They say the card is not supported. I guess I have to look for another card.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I joined some time back with PayPal and trying to add my debit card and bank account was one of the most difficult things I had to deal with during the sign up process. I never figured it out on my own. I searched many topics on how to set it up and that's how I was able to figure it out. You can also try and contact PayPal customer service and give them the information and they'll add it on there for you, but you will be on a long wait before you speak to someone. Good Luck.

I remember that I was able to add a debit card to my account without any trouble at all. You just have to look at your account settings more intently to be able to figure it out.

There still are some banks that issue those bank cards that can only be used at their ATMs. Those aren't debit cards and can't be used on paypal.