Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't add a debit account. Help!

Default I can't add a debit account. Help!

Hi,

I recently created my own paypal account because it said that I can use a debit card or local bank account. I don't have my own credit card that's why. There's no feature where I can include the local bank account/debit card, only the credit card. And debit cards don't have that CSC number or expiration date. Confusing! I have no idea how it works. Help, please! Thanks!

Talking

Interesting! What kind of Debit card is it? Visa, MasterCard, ''etc''.

Please tell us more details!

Go to your settings it should allow you to add a credit card debit card and a bank account. I feel as if you google how it'll give a better guide. What country are you from?

The first time I signed up to Paypal the only option was credit card. I did go to the settings and was able to see an option for local bank account. I guess I just had to browse the site more. Thank you very much for your help! Very much appreciated.

I think that it has to be a debit card that has a VISA or Mastercard logo on it. Regular debit cards aren't really used anymore and I don't think you can link them to your account. You can add the bank account that it is tied to, however.

A piece of advice for you. It's better if you verify your account with your debit card before you do any kind of transactions with your paypal account. Yes you can still do transactions with only your bank account and not adding your cards, but I heard that they are getting stricter these days and you may not be able to do any transactions if you haven't verify your account, at least that's what happened to me anyway.

And verification may take a few days. Make sure to only start doing transaction once you have truly confirmed your verification.

Quote Originally Posted by janineaa View Post
    The first time I signed up to Paypal the only option was credit card. I did go to the settings and was able to see an option for local bank account. I guess I just had to browse the site more. Thank you very much for your help! Very much appreciated.
    Any time glad I was able to help you with that. If you need help with anything else just ask or message me!

I'm glad Sethky could help you with that, it's good to see that some cases can be resolved happily. Paypal is slinking further and further into becoming a scam, I suggest getting out now while you can. I'm not paranoid but it is still beginning to frighten me, I'm glad you got it figured out though.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarian View Post
    I'm glad Sethky could help you with that, it's good to see that some cases can be resolved happily. Paypal is slinking further and further into becoming a scam, I suggest getting out now while you can. I'm not paranoid but it is still beginning to frighten me, I'm glad you got it figured out though.
    Now we just got to wait for them to Clinton the whole thing. You know saying that they didn't do it.

You can get an actual PayPal debit card that can be used like a Visa card - it is a Visa actually, and it's got the three digit number on the back too. I've had mine for months and use it all the time to make purchases.

Once you have your account for a while they will probably start popping up offers for you to get the debit card when you log in. I remember the first time I applied for it they rejected me for some reason (???) not sure why, I didn't have any credit issues and it's just a debit card in the first place - might of had something to do with me not living at my address long enough since I moved twice in one year, perhaps.

But then last year they offered it to me and mailed it out no problem.