Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't get what I ordered

Default Didn't get what I ordered

I ordered a dog from a seller and paid for it thru paypal...its definitely not what I ordered, the seller will not return my calls or emails, I filed a claim with paypal because their policy states if you get something other than what you ordered that paypal would honor this, paypal close my claim right away telling me that they don't cover live animals,I saw nothing in there buyer protection, can you help me...what should I do? did I miss something in their buyer protection? did not get what I ordered.

Paypal is notorious for only offering refunds on the items they support. If they said they do not support the purchasing of live animals, you are going to have a hard time getting your money back.

This reminds me of when someone had their listing taken down on eBay for trying to sell a kidney on there.

You raise a good point though, that when paying for questionable items through PayPal, we should read through the fine print to see what is/isn't covered by their buyer protection.

What you may want to do is approach it from another angle - alert them that they have PayPal merchants who are selling dogs and paying for it via PayPal. If selling certain merchandise is against their terms - you can potentially get their account shut down, at the very least, in retaliation.

You would probably have to take this up in court instead, rather than through PayPal. I've seen a similar court case on People's Court where a lady ordered a dog from a breeder and prepaid for it, but the dog she got was not a purebred. Apparently some stray dog got in the breeders yard and knocked up her dog. I believe the breeder was ordered to give the money back - though the judge was kind of pissed with the plaintiff since the dog itself was still really cute and deserved a good home even if it wasn't a purebred.

To be honest, I can completely understand why you would not be protected for live animals.

What if you bought it and it died the next day? You would be asking for a refund because it is 'not as described'.

Completely makes sense to me

Man that is just messed up. I think people should start suing paypal for doing the dumb stuff they are doing. On another note, keep bugging them they should listen.

The answers to this type of claim are conflicting. You have both people that had success with Paypal claims regarding live animals and some that didn't. The solution to this would be to use alternatives for the purchase or live animals, like credit cards, since banks or credit companies are more likely to solve such issues.

Extra care in the future though, the purchase of live animals is tricky since most payment processors would rather not get involved with it. Why? Too many variables like death or difference of sex, to list just two.

I would ask to see where in the buyer protection that they don't cover live animals. If it is in their terms, then there is really nothing you can do about it. That seems terrible that the seller isn't trying to fix the problem.

I have a few reasons why I would say "what goes around comes around".
    First, why would you ever buy an animal you have not seen in person.
    Second, you should have read Paypal's terms.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    To be honest, I can completely understand why you would not be protected for live animals.

What if you bought it and it died the next day? You would be asking for a refund because it is 'not as described'.

Completely makes sense to me
    I feel bad cause I laughed at this but it's completely true. Next time think should this really be covered by paypal? If it doesn't seem it then don't get it.

Lots of places don't cover life animals. For example, UPS will ship some live animals but doesn't offer insurance. It's unfortunate. Next time, I would only buy a dog from a reputable and local breeder. Otherwise, take the trip to go see, buy and pick it up yourself.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, though!