Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal won't let me change my name to my maiden name

keep calling them, eventually you will get through to a rude and bored person. Then you'll be put on hold. It will take about an hour to do something very simple.

That's really dumb but like the others said, keep calling them. It seems that there's some miscommunication as to what you're trying to do. Keep explaining to them that you're only changing the name and eventually someone will figure it out.

Don't give up. Sometimes it takes me 10 phone calls to solve a problem with Paypal, but eventually I get through to a customer service agent that helps me.
    You just have to keep calm and keep calling and clarifying what the problem is, until someone hears you.

This is stupid and typical of customer support that doesn't care about customers and doesn't even listen to them. Your best bet would be to close that account and try to open up another one in your maiden name, though it might not allow you to link your same bank account or credit card to the new one depending on how much they suck at the time.

I also think that it's just poor customer service and they aren't really discriminating women. Why don't you try to talk to someone who is in a higher position, like a supervisor or a manager so that they can correctly address your concern?

How exactly is this discrimination against woman? To be honest. That was a ridiculous statement.

However. I have never heard of anything like this happening. The obvious solution would be to cancel your current Paypal account, and open up another one using your maiden name.

There is no need to get into any disputes with Paypal, because they will not help you. They never do. Save yourself some time, and open a new account.

Quote Originally Posted by AB9100 View Post
    How exactly is this discrimination against woman? To be honest. That was a ridiculous statement.

However. I have never heard of anything like this happening. The obvious solution would be to cancel your current Paypal account, and open up another one using your maiden name.

There is no need to get into any disputes with Paypal, because they will not help you. They never do. Save yourself some time, and open a new account.
    She felt that it was discrimination against women because she is being forced to use her ex husband's last name, as if she is his property, instead of being respected and free to use her own last name. Her ex husband doesn't own her, so why is she being forced by Paypal to use his last name?
    If she wants to sever ties and use her maiden name, they shouldn't stop her.

Why does Paypal even care? They should mind their own business and honor her request.
    Last edited by ACSAPA; 03-28-2014 at 04:02 AM.

It sounds like you just didn't get someone with good English skills. Try to contact someone again and explain that you need to make a legal name change - then ask the requirements for making that happen. Do not spaz at them or claim discrimination - it helps absolutely nothing.

What does it matter if your maiden name and your spouse's last name is in your paypal account? I personally disagree with divorce so good luck with that discrimination issue you are trying to perpetuate.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect using your account. They did exactly the same to me. But now they have reversed a payment I received from an ebay buyer it is working to my advantage because I'm refusing to pay it and they don't have my correct name. Despite being given my new address they also continue to use my old one which, again is a great help. Furthermore, if you are in the Uk just close your account. They are a foreign company, not governed by British Law. They can take money directly from your account and there is nothing you can do about it.