Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal won't let me change my name to my maiden name

Default Paypal won't let me change my name to my maiden name

I recently called Paypal to ask how to change my name from my married name to my maiden name. I am now divorced and want to use my maiden name. The lady told me to fax them a copy of my passport and a telephone bill to verify my identity. I did this. The next day I received an email saying that I cannot transfer my account to another person.

I then called them again and told them that I did what they asked. Once again the lady said it's their policy to not let someone transfer their account to another person. I stated that I am only changing my name. The account belongs to me not someone else. They said they were sorry but I cannot transfer to another person.

I think this is discrimination against woman and it's wrong. I do not know what else to do but to just leave it. They don't seem to care that I do not use that original name anymore.

Has anyone else had this experience and were you able to resolve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by daleo717 View Post
    I recently called Paypal to ask how to change my name from my married name to my maiden name. I am now divorced and want to use my maiden name. The lady told me to fax them a copy of my passport and a telephone bill to verify my identity. I did this. The next day I received an email saying that I cannot transfer my account to another person.

I then called them again and told them that I did what they asked. Once again the lady said it's their policy to not let someone transfer their account to another person. I stated that I am only changing my name. The account belongs to me not someone else. They said they were sorry but I cannot transfer to another person.

I think this is discrimination against woman and it's wrong. I do not know what else to do but to just leave it. They don't seem to care that I do not use that original name anymore.

Honestly please don't say that it's discrimination against women. Cause that is extremely wrong and you are quite stupid to believe that. People like you are the reason why that still exist using that reason for something simple like a misunderstanding. Cause it honestly sounds like a miscommunication with the one lady and you. Try calling back again and when you get ahold of them tell them your situation in a normal polite manner don't tell them its cause your a women and such. Just clearly state you recently were divorced and your name was LEGALLY changed and you need to change it on your paypal account.

Lets be honest here, you probably just got a dodgy support agent that was a little bit clueless. Call back again and ask to speak to a customer service supervisor.

There is no discrimination here.

I would just try again and see where it gets you. You can try and see if you get a better support person this time. A lot depends on this.

That really sucks. I think it is again one other stupid policies which they claim that are protecting you from fraudsters. Hope this gets resolved.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

You should keep calling them. You might run into one of the nice ones in the customer service.

First step is to take a deep breath and calm down, they are not discriminating against you, more than likely it is their poor customer service representatives having trouble understanding English (Gotta love outsourcing). Try asking to speak to their manager or whoever they report to, explain calmly that you went through a divorce and would like to change back to your maiden name, (Surely they go through this often with marriages). Maybe even give the representative a bit of a sob story, they can change your name they just don't want to, make sure they know you are not changing owners of the account, just the name displayed. Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by daleo717 View Post

It is highly possible that the documents you sent over are not clear enough that's why it's getting rejected and they are thinking that you are registering another person instead. Make a note on the exact change that you want to do and resend it.

That really sucks. I would like to note that saying it is a discrimination against women would not get you anywhere. You should try contacting them again, and hopefully you get someone who is actually helpful on the line. On a side note, you might need to provide some legal proof of your claim. Just ensure the documents are readily available.

Ask to be transferred to a supervisor until you get someone who actually understands what you are saying. I don't think most of those people understand English very well. That is really terrible!