Thread: final value fees are just too much

Default final value fees are just too much

I'd been suspended from Ebay for about two years, they erased my important messages while I was suspended, I recently paid to get back on my account with 100% positive feedback score. I did get to keep my selling limits and totals, I was able to list items immediately, now I'm getting hammered with final value fees on items I make way less on after Paypal and Ebay take their cuts. Really sucks.

I agree, it sucks. There are no better alternatives as far as FVFs though, unless you deal in specialty items that have a lot of online communities and forums with sales (videogames are a great example, of this, there are several very active forums where buyers and sellers deal and no fees except Paypal fees.) The Paypal fees aren't great but Paypal + Ebay fees combined.. yeah, it gets excessive. Amazon is about the same though. I guess figuring out Craigslist might be the best option.

I agree. Craigslist is a good option, and you really have to weigh the lower price you'd be offered on Craigslist with the fees that Paypal and eBay take. I think that I would rather keep money out of their hands, period. Even if I have to sell at a lower price. Too risky.

The fees have always been high with Ebay and Paypal and that's the choice you make when you want to sell on there.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    The fees have always been high with Ebay and Paypal and that's the choice you make when you want to sell on there.
    Sadly this is correct...if you want to sell there you have to pay I don't like it either

Be more positive! Think of it this way, you will be getting more business again once you make yourself well-known once more! Ebay is still the place to go if you are targeting sales from all around the world and appeal to a wider audience. You got the experience, so starting from scratch again will not take as much time as that time when you firstly started selling online. What's your reason for coming back after so long though?

The fees are a bit excessive and you might want to consider alternative avenues for selling your items online. There really isn't a way of getting around the fees if you continue using eBay and Paypal together.

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    The fees are a bit excessive and you might want to consider alternative avenues for selling your items online. There really isn't a way of getting around the fees if you continue using eBay and Paypal together.
    Sadly what are the other well known alternatives? I don't know of any I could be wrong though. And if you have some and willing to post that be awesome!

For a variety of alternatives - [url=http://www.ebay-alternatives.co.uk/]Alternatives to eBay | Other Online Selling Venues and Auction Sites[/url]

You really have to do the math before you list an item. Read up on the fees, so you know exactly how much you are able to sell an item for. The most important thing is not how much you can sell an item for, but how much you bought it for.