Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Change Country Information

Default Unable to Change Country Information

Hi everyone!
    My horrible story concerning PayPal is our inability to alter the "country" options in the address section. I made my PayPal account when I started my undergraduate studies abroad; so naturally, I put my current address in the place I resided at the time. I put some fund into this account for online shopping.

Once I finished my studies, I went back to my home country. I found out that I can't change my country when I was shopping online and the delivery address country must match with the PayPal address. I tried updating my address but I was restricted. Oh the horror!

As of now, I have some fund in PayPal that I might not be able to use for online shopping because I am not allowed to update my country residence.

This is sad but true. They don't allow this because it would mean people could create an account, move to another country and start transferring funds.
    Did you contact Paypal? I think the only solution is to try to close the account and start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    This is sad but true. They don't allow this because it would mean people could create an account, move to another country and start transferring funds.
    Did you contact Paypal? I think the only solution is to try to close the account and start a new one.
    I recalled I did contact them. The answer was some generic response which basically means that they could not help me at all. It was really dumb. I have not made a new accounts because I kept hearing all horrible stories about PayPal. I am afraid that they limit my account just because I created a new account with similar personal information.

I think it's worth a try creating a new account, use a new email address etc

Thats really your only option if you want to use payapl

I don't know if this sounds very simple and maybe the answer to all your problems. Create a new account in your home country, try to verify it if possible. Then open your old account and try to transfer all the money you have in it to your new verified paypal account. If paypal allows the transfer then, problem solved. All your money is safe and you can ditch your old paypal account and use the new one you just created.

Well that's something new. Try contacting the support, they can help with those little problems.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    I don't know if this sounds very simple and maybe the answer to all your problems. Create a new account in your home country, try to verify it if possible. Then open your old account and try to transfer all the money you have in it to your new verified paypal account. If paypal allows the transfer then, problem solved. All your money is safe and you can ditch your old paypal account and use the new one you just created.
    That's what I would try since it sounds like customer service isn't going to help you.

Actually I think the customer service can really help. I got experience dealing with Paypal's customer service before, and sometimes you have to be lucky to get someone to actually know what you are going through and understand your problem. The first time I called them, the operator on the line said my problem can't be solve on phone, and I have to fax some documents, show them some id, etc.

So I called them a second time to ask about something I forgot to ask in the first place. But this time, a different operator handle my call, and she solved all my problems.

If it is not too much trouble, perhaps you can try calling them again? Maybe this time you will get a much helpful operator on the phone.

Have you tried calling Paypal? They should be able to sort it out and get your country changed. I think that there are different Paypals in different countries though. You might even have to make a new account and transfer the funds. I would call first.

Quote Originally Posted by autograph View Post
    Hi everyone!
    My horrible story concerning PayPal is our inability to alter the "country" options in the address section. I made my PayPal account when I started my undergraduate studies abroad; so naturally, I put my current address in the place I resided at the time. I put some fund into this account for online shopping.

Once I finished my studies, I went back to my home country. I found out that I can't change my country when I was shopping online and the delivery address country must match with the PayPal address. I tried updating my address but I was restricted. Oh the horror!

As of now, I have some fund in PayPal that I might not be able to use for online shopping because I am not allowed to update my country residence.
    I had the same problem too previously. The only way I could think of at the time was to create a new Paypal account with the new country I was in and then to transfer the money from my old Paypal account to my new one. This worked out fine and I no longer have this issue.