Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nigerian Scammers?!

Unfortunately Nigerian princes aren't as trustworthy as they make themselves out to be. While it sucks you were scammed, I think you could have avoided this by not trusting anyone, nor paypal for that matter.

If anyone is interested in learning something new. Many of those scam emails is wrote in terrible grammar, and for some "easy to declare a scam". This is because the people that write them use the terrible grammar as a way to deter the smarter people for falling for it. And the people who go along with the lack of grammar, usually are the ones who fall for them.

Some Nigerian *businessman* e-mailed me. He claimed that one of my cousins is in debt with some bills and that I need to pay him. I deleted the e-mail in no time. This familly-bill tactic is well known.

I read an interesting article about these scammers not too long ago, and about their methods. Many of them are not actually from Nigeria, and the whole email that they send you is purposefully campy and silly - it's a bit of a litmus test to see how gullible you are. In other words they made it laughably bad because any sane person wouldn't believe that, and therefore they wouldn't waste their time on.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioTom76 View Post
    I read an interesting article about these scammers not too long ago, and about their methods. Many of them are not actually from Nigeria, and the whole email that they send you is purposefully campy and silly - it's a bit of a litmus test to see how gullible you are. In other words they made it laughably bad because any sane person wouldn't believe that, and therefore they wouldn't waste their time on.
    That is interesting. That is actually very funny. I just ignore most of those emails. They are so silly.

I have had plenty of them contacting me trying to arrange dodgy deals and whatnot. It's really easy to spot and avoid though so it doesn't bother me.

That is how online business is if you are not careful, you can easily be scammed and lose a lot of money. I think it will be great if every one was careful to avoid such incidents.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I received a few e-mails along the years from said 'princess' (or businessmen) but since I already knew about the scam I just deleted everything. And really, it should be common sense that when someone offers you an insane amount of cash for little or no involvement you should rise an eyebrow and turn away. Instead people offer them access to their Paypal account and credit card details. Weird.

If you get burnt by this it's you that sucks not Paypal (for once!).

Obviously there are people falling for these scams, otherwise the scammers would just go away. There are always going to be people that haven't heard of these scammers and fall for their schemes. Like the saying says, "there's a sucker born every minute."

The Nigerian prince scam is an oldie but a goodie, it is more of a joke now. I'm sorry but if you fell for it you might wan to take a look at yourself and how gullible you are. I've been stolen from by a third party seller where they took more money than they were supposed to, turns out it they just put an extra 0 in the amount. We got it worked out and they were really sorry and gave me a gift certificate so it worked out nicely .