Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nigerian Scammers?!

It's funny you say that, I had two people from Nigeria hit me up on Facebook this past week trying to sell me their services and telling them I can pay them online. Not gonna happen!

I've never been scammed by a Nigerian person before but I can see from this thread that it's a popular scam. It's amazing to me that there are people out there who fall for it.

If there are so many scammers from there maybe its best to avoid ordering from there until the situation gets better.

I have been receiving phishing/fake emails from Nigeria. They all tell about some fortune that I won. If I try to contact them, they always tell to sent some money as processing charges. Gladly I have never done so.

Haha, Nigerian scammers are still a thing? The last time I dealt with one was two years ago. I was selling a ps2 on ebay and I explicitly stated I only shipped within the US but he contacted me and wanted me to ship out to his country and he wanted to pay something absurd for shipping, like 300$. Yeah right

I've never heard of Nigerian scammers even more than that, I didn't even know that PayPal was usable in Nigeria. That's crazy, I'm sorry for you're experience, and being scammed however I don't think that anyone in their right mind would have trusted someone in a completely different country that is not accredited in this type of business.

Paypal seems to be the best service for them to "Collect their lottery fees" since it's such a scammers heaven. But, I swear though, how many Nigerian princes are there?! It seems like I get their emails every day. And yeah, I would definitely just ignore these Emails and keep clicking "Delete".

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    No offence but whoever falls for a scam like that is at least incredibly stupid. Whenever I hear about someone getting scammed by those standard scams, I can't keep myself from thinking those people are just stupid. Everyone knows these scams exist and they have even made the news so it's pretty stupid not to know them.
    I was just thinking that. Every time I see one of those Nigerian emails offering me riches if I just pay a small sum and give my bank information, I hit the "mark as spam" button.

I think people like the OP are the only reason these guys are able to stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLuke View Post
    Ever had any troubles with Nigerian Scammers? Well I sure have, and it was horrible. All because Paypal and Ebay are absolutely useless.

What are your horrible stories of Nigerian Scammers, or any other Scam Artists on these sites? Let us all know.
    Are you saying that you fell for one of their scams? What did they promise you? 10 million dollars? A castle?

I've got a lot of those emails and I've never looked at them because it's clear that they are scam. I guess these people can still fool other or else they would have stopped long ago.

So, did you actually send your data to these scammers or even money? What happened? Share some more with us so others don't fall into the exact same traps.